“Awful Customer Service - A Real Zero”
Review of Island Inn

Island Inn
Ranked #7 of 15 Oak Bluffs B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I booked about two months in advance of my attempted stay. I asked about checking in at 1PM (check in time is at 3) because my wife and I were planning on taking a 12PM ferry out of Woods Hole. The staff member ensured they could accommodate an early check in of two hours. This prompted me to book and I was told I would receive an emailed confirmation. A week went by and I didn't receive my confirmation. I knew it was peak season and things can be a bit hectic. I called to see if they might have had the wrong email address. Nope they just forgot to send it. A second week went by and I emailed in the morning thinking that this might be a more efficient form of communication. I received an email back stating they were sorry and they would be sending it shortly. I called that afternoon because I had yet to receive my confirmation. Mind you three phone calls and an email just to receive a confirmation of my booking. Apparently three phone calls and an email is the magic number. I called on our way down to the ferry at 10AM to ensure we were still going to access our room at 1PM, two hours earlier than the usual check in time. I was ensured yet again by the manager that "while it isn't guaranteed, we should be able to accommodate you". Ok. Not the most reassuring but I've stayed at a few different places on the Vineyard and all have been able to accommodate a two hour early check in. Upon our arrival we were told the room wasn't ready and they would call us when it was ready. We waited until 2:15. We went back only to be told the floors were "soaked" and the room still wasn't ready.

Do yourself a favor and find somewhere else to go before booking. There are plenty of options with much better customer service. I would recommend the Surfside Hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bcontona

Reviewed 5 September 2017

we stayed at the Island Inn for 3 nights over labor day weekend. The One bedroom was clean and nice and was just perfect for our stay. I loved Carol! the manager. She was very accommodating and very nice as well. I think this location is perfect. It is right in town by a few steps but not in the fray. It is right off the walking/biking path and I thoroughly enjoyed the stay.

Room Tip: The wifi system isn't great but it is free.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Every year we find our way to MV and the only place I'd prefer to stay is at Island Inn.

The staff is always kind and helpful.
Having the advantage of staying in different types of rooms - depending on the number of family members.
Having Lola's restaurant close at hand is a plus.
The Sunday Brunch is a must.
Entertainment, Food and Fun all in one place.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2017

This s is a place that I would have to say fails on many levels. However, the most distressing aspect of this place is the hotel management. I booked a week stay in February for the August season after reviewing the hotel website. I arrived at the hotel today and discovered that this is a facility that is not equipped with elevators or ordinary amenities. My room was on the upper level with steps that small and rickety. When i went back to the office to see if they would accommodate me on the ground level, I was surprised and dismayed by the rude and unprofessional response of the manager Carol Brown- Meikle. She was adamant in her attitude NOT to try and resolve the problem.
Too bad this place does not quite have it's act together. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND
This is not a place I would recommend for many reasons, but primarily the attitude and response of the manager is enough for me to make these comments.

Room Tip: Don't waste your time
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank dianeliottanyc
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Stayed 2 nights in two bedroom apartment. Very well equipped. Set in lovely grounds with swimming pool and tennis courts. Very clean. Just a short drive to Oakbluffs and great base for exploring the island. Would recommend

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1.7 km away
Nashua House Hotel
Nashua House Hotel
#2 of 3 in Oak Bluffs

Been to Island Inn? Share your experiences!