“Disapointed”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Peabody
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We stayed here before leaving for a flight out of Boston Logan Airport. It was about a 20 minute ride so the $99 we paid was a lot less expensive than staying inside the city.

Hotel room needs updating. We discovered at 9 PM that our toilet didn't flush and with a 10 month old baby sleeping in our room the last thing we wanted was maintenance coming in to fix it so late at night.

The man we dealt with at check in and check out was very friendly and courteous. There was a woman working behind the front desk who really rubbed us the wrong way. I was checking in with my 10 month old son sitting on my hip. She told me that I was going to make my son bowlegged by holding him this way and he would not be able to walk (note -- I called my doctor, this is a myth) and that whenever she sees her friends hold their kids like that, she grabs them and holds them "the correct way". I think she expected me to change the way I was holding my son because she awkwardly laughed after and made hand gestures to turn him around which i didn't do.

I'm sure she was trying to be friendly and helpful, but I really wasn't looking for parenting advise at check in and it really rubbed my husband and I the wrong way.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Dear Maegan B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We would like to apologize for not living up to your expectations regarding our staff and bathroom condition. Reviews like yours are very valuable as they enable us to target areas we need to improve on. Rest assured your feedback will be forwarded to all concerned departments to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Joel A

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Mr. D'Arcy,
You have as your employee, as I'm sure you know, a wonderful desk manager in
Mr. Nutile. For 4 days in July 2017, he was a master at directions, suggestions on what to see and just how to get there. We were at a loss in heading to Boston, after moving away from Gloucester in the 70's to Georgia. Leonado was very accomadating and friendly.
Ms. Betty J. Stark

Room Tip: See Mr. & Mrs. Nutile
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I am a member of the rewards with Holiday Inn, I have stayed at many Holiday Inns and this by far was the worst! First, I got my room key the check in attendant told me to park my car in the back and use my key card to get in the back door, haha the whole slot was missing for the key cards, just lovely, what a sense of security! 2nd, I got up to the 3rd floor and they gave me the room next to the fire escape door, the sign said this door must be shut at all times, in case of fire, good job, door wide open chair in the door stuck , 3rd got in my room, looked down at the floor, it was absolutely disgusting marked with stains all over the carpet, it was so bad that I had to call down to the front desk and demanded a new room, the next room was adequate, most uncomfortable bed ever, at 3:00 am I woke with a headache, I went to head to the front desk and there was a security guard sitting in the hallway almost asleep, what a terrible sense of security, when I got to the front desk to ask if they sell little packets of Tylenol all the front desk would say was "thousand feet up the road" when I asked right or left once again "thousand feet up the road" he was very rude and was not helpful at all! I would not come and stay here ever again!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

Hi Jackie411,

Thank you for leaving a candid review about our hotel on TripAdvisor and for being an IHG Rewards Club member. We value each feedback as this will allow us to identify the areas that may benefit from our additional attention. It is disheartening to know that your experience was not as pleasant as it should have been. I am sorry for the disappointments you had with the room received, customer service delivered, and cleanliness level.

Our guest's safety, security, and comfort remain a priority and I apologize for letting you feel otherwise. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer in the future.

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing us for your lodging needs.

Ingrid V.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We decided on the spur of the moment to visit Salem on our drive from Maine to Hartford, CT. This property was one of the few with availability. There was a clean indoor pool for the kids and bath towels and sheets were in good shape. The front desk staff were frazzled, as I think they were booked to capacity. I was stressed by their stress. The property is well worn. It desperately needs a facelift.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Hi dgage30445,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We aspire to deliver world class services and experience, however, it appears we fell short of your goal on your visit. I would like to apologize for failing to meet your standards regarding our hotel condition and services received during check in. Kindly know that your feedback will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the maintenance department and reception team for evaluation.

On the positive side, I appreciate the wonderful remarks regarding our hotel pool and amenities which you found to be good.

While I understand that your stay was not perfect, we all hope to have another opportunity to provide you a much better experience. gain, thank you for sharing your experience and for staying with us.

Zel N.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Some travellers might say this hotel feels somewhat outdated and old, however we were extremely pleased with our stay here. It was clean, our room was very spacious and comfortable and the location was perfect for shopping and restaurants. The front desk staff were friendly and knowledgeable and went out of their way to answer our questions and provide helpful information about going into Boston and touring around there for the day. Don't hesitate to stay there!! You won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peabody
0.7 km away
Hawthorne Hotel
#1 of 3 in Salem
6.0 km away
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Logan

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Boston-Peabody? Share your experiences!