All reviews jacuzzi room lovely inn the inn keeper both mornings place to stay b and b plimoth plantation next morning comfortable rooms bagels historic plymouth hostess christine murphy attractions ma accommodations
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Thornton Adams is conveniently located a half-mile from Plimouth Plantation and a mile to the center of Plymouth with the Mayflower II, Plymouth Rock, the historic First Parish Church and the Faith Monument. Ron is a friendly, welcoming host and Sandy a very warm hostess. In making our reservations by telephone, we felt we knew her even before meeting her in person. Sandy also gave helpful hints for eating out and sight-seeing, and her breakfasts hit the spot! Although getting up and down stairs is a bit difficult for folks our age, we really enjoyed the jacuzzi room--so basically we loved everything about Above the Bay.

Room Tip: All the rooms we saw were really nice, but the jacuzzi room is wonderful...spacious room, comfortable bed, walk-in closet, jacuzzi tub, and great view of Plymouth Harbor and the ocean.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The Thornton Adams house is gorgeous. Sandy was a warm, kind and very thoughtful hostess. We quickly felt right at home. We loved our pretty blue room at the top of the stairs. We had a great breakfast and really wished we could have stayed longer. We highly recommend.

Room Tip: Blue room is very pretty and comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at this delightful Bed and Breakfast. The room was decorated very tastefully and was adequately spacious. The location is ideal for getting to the historical sites that we went to Plymouth to visit. We were happy with their onsite parking as that can be a problem in Plymouth. The innkeeper Sandy provided a fulfilling breakfast and was accommodating to our needs, and the area sights and restaurant recommendations.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Above the Bay at Thornton Adams B&B is everything I had ever dreamed of and much more. My family celebrated my Mother’s 91st Birthday there. The Owner and Innkeeper, Sandy was very friendly, helpful and courteous. When she heard that I was in the hospitality industry ~ The Black Horse Inn in Warrenton, VA ~ and hadn't had a vacation in years she upgraded my room to the honeymoon suite, which was spacious, clean, and comfortable. I felt like a queen! The views were magnificent. Our trip to Plimouth (yes the spelling is correct) Plantation was unsurpassed--a must do! The Blue Eyed Crab was a great suggestion for dinner in downtown Plymouth. Our trip was a dream come true thanks to this delightful B&B.

Room Tip: All the rooms are terrific with wonderful views of the Bay.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynn P
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I cannot say enough about the wonderful experience I had with Sandy and her beautiful home! She went out of her way to provide us with information for our visit in Plymouth and provide a beautiful, comfortable, clean home and delicious breakfast every morning. Every touch was so well done from the dining room table each morning to the beautiful decorations and food. We had planned to stay only one or two nights, but it was so great we stayed three nights. Sandy made us feel so welcome and she was so helpful in every way at her home, as well as helping us with the research and touring we were doing. I felt very pampered by her caring, thoughtful ways. Being unsure about Bed & Breakfasts in the past, she certainly provided an experience that was great for me.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family