“Rarely have I felt as welcomed and "at home"”

Above the Bay at Thornton Adams Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 18 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Sandy, your host at the Thornton Adams, is one of those people with whom you feel comfortable from the moment you meet her. She is very caring & friendly which makes your stay in her absolutely beautiful home that much more enjoyable! She has decorated the entire home as well as each room impeccably while maintaining a very warm and cozy feel.

The Thornton Adams could not be more ideally located. I don't think there is a closer B&B to Plimouth Plantation (which I would rate as one of THE TOP ATTRACTIONs in Plymouth), which is literally a short walk down the street. And while other B&B's may be located closer to downtown or Plymouth Rock, Mayflower II, and all the other "touristy" places, the Thornton Adams, which is only a very short drive (1/2 a mile maybe?) away from all of these places, provides you with a quiet respite in a residential neighborhood of beautiful homes -- you can almost feel like you live in Plymouth, rather than just "sightseeing" with all the other throngs of tourists staying downtown or on the water!

I hope to be able to visit Plymouth again in the near future as I did not really have enough days to enjoy the town and its surroundings fully. When I do, the Thornton Adams will be the only place I'll want to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms that I saw were beautiful, but the one in the front upstairs had a beautiful view of the m...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Thornton Adams is conveniently located a half-mile from Plimouth Plantation and a mile to the center of Plymouth with the Mayflower II, Plymouth Rock, the historic First Parish Church and the Faith Monument. Ron is a friendly, welcoming host and Sandy a very warm hostess. In making our reservations by telephone, we felt we knew her even before meeting her in person. Sandy also gave helpful hints for eating out and sight-seeing, and her breakfasts hit the spot! Although getting up and down stairs is a bit difficult for folks our age, we really enjoyed the jacuzzi room--so basically we loved everything about Above the Bay.

Room Tip: All the rooms we saw were really nice, but the jacuzzi room is wonderful...spacious room, comfortabl...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The Thornton Adams house is gorgeous. Sandy was a warm, kind and very thoughtful hostess. We quickly felt right at home. We loved our pretty blue room at the top of the stairs. We had a great breakfast and really wished we could have stayed longer. We highly recommend.

Room Tip: Blue room is very pretty and comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at this delightful Bed and Breakfast. The room was decorated very tastefully and was adequately spacious. The location is ideal for getting to the historical sites that we went to Plymouth to visit. We were happy with their onsite parking as that can be a problem in Plymouth. The innkeeper Sandy provided a fulfilling breakfast and was accommodating to our needs, and the area sights and restaurant recommendations.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Above the Bay at Thornton Adams B&B is everything I had ever dreamed of and much more. My family celebrated my Mother’s 91st Birthday there. The Owner and Innkeeper, Sandy was very friendly, helpful and courteous. When she heard that I was in the hospitality industry ~ The Black Horse Inn in Warrenton, VA ~ and hadn't had a vacation in years she upgraded my room to the honeymoon suite, which was spacious, clean, and comfortable. I felt like a queen! The views were magnificent. Our trip to Plimouth (yes the spelling is correct) Plantation was unsurpassed--a must do! The Blue Eyed Crab was a great suggestion for dinner in downtown Plymouth. Our trip was a dream come true thanks to this delightful B&B.

Room Tip: All the rooms are terrific with wonderful views of the Bay.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family