All reviews wonderful hosts b bs a wonderful stay living room danny guests wedding
Reviewed 16 September 2015

I cannot say enough about what a wonderful time we had at the Beach House Bed and Breakfast. My only possible complaint is that the pictures on the website do not do the experience justice. (Mine doesn't either.)

After a crowded drive in from Boston when I turned onto the little dirt road marked by the Beach house B&B sign I was instantly transported to a state of calm and relaxation as I drove past the reeds bordering the pond that hung over the road. The scenery looked like something out of an episode of TV or a movie when they show the famous writer going to get away from it all. At the end of the road was a paved driveway up to cute house at the top of a hill.

We stepped out of the car and could spell the salt in the air mixed with the scents of the woods we had just driven through. We grabbed our bags and walked up the path along the house to the back of the house and there is where we had our surprise. This unassuming little house was hiding on of the most magnificent views I have ever seen. An incredible ocean view framed by neatly manicured green lawn and vast blue skies with thin wisps of white clouds.

Danny and Stephanie meet us and showed us to a great little room near the kitchen. (I didn’t realize what a treat being near the kitchen was until the next morning!) Our room did not have an ocean view but we did not miss it as we spent most of our time in the living room chatting with the other guests or enjoying the wonderful ocean breeze with a glass of wine in the back yard.

The next morning we slept in late and awoke to the spell of bacon and coffee as Danny busied himself in the kitchen preparing our breakfast. Over breakfast the other guest described the sunrise that they had just watched (The B&B faces East) and we made a point to wake up early the next morning to see it. (it was worth it!)

Breakfast was fantastic! Danny started each guest with a bowl of fresh cut fruit has he prepared the main breakfast. The first morning was eggs Benedict with fresh made hollandaise sauce and wonderful thick cut bacon. The second morning was Blueberry pancakes maple syrup and more of the wonderful bacon. Both mornings also had juice and plenty of coffee.

We used the B&B as a base of operations to explore Plymouth and the rest of the cape and came and went as we pleased. Sometimes we would see Stephanie with the dogs or find Danny in the kitchen (he made banana bread one afternoon!), but mostly they gave us our space and allowed us to enjoy the view from the Adirondack chairs in the back yard or down on the beach.

It was a wonderful weekend and we are looking forward to coming back soon.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TexasZiggy
BeachHouseBnB, Owner at A Beach House Oceanfront Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2015

We loved having you here and are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to seeing you on your next Boston visit!

Reviewed 26 August 2015

We were looking for a special getaway to celebrate our 40th anniversary with our children and grandkids. Finding a place that all 8 of us would enjoy would be a challenge. We lucked out when we chose The Beach House B & B in Plymouth, MA.
The location was perfect; the rooms were clean and comfortable; the food was gourmet and the innkeepers Danny & Stephanie were wonderful. We hired Danny (a professional chef) one night to cook all of us a meal. The dinner was fantastic. It was better than a 5 star restaurant. I'm sure my family was quite a challenge however Danny & Stephanie accommodated us perfectly. Just don't ask for too many breakfast requests as it is not a restaurant. We look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank dajo100

It was great having you all here and we are so glad you enjoyed it. So sorry for the delay in responding, we somehow missed this in the end of summer crush. Hopefully we will see you back for your 45th and 50th!

Reviewed 10 October 2014

I will start with the really bad stuff.... I hesitated writing this review but I think people should be aware. There was a medical situation that occurred during our stay and I must say that it was not handled well. We were so scared that we locked ourselves in the room one night (in hindsight we really should have just left). The next day we spent the entire morning figuring out what was going on and getting medical attention to the innkeeper. I realize that medical things often can't be predicted but it appears like this one could have. It was a dangerous situation for the innkeepers to have put us in. We checked in by phone several times during the next couple of days and were very happy that everything turned out okay for him. However not once were we asked about what happened, if we were okay , or offered anything to say thank you for what you did or we are sorry for all the time you lost. Now for the good stuff...The setting is beautiful and the king size bed probably the most comfortable thing I have ever slept in. Breakfast was good the first couple of days and I can't say enough about the bacon.
Now the iffy stuff....The write up says there is ac however it wasn't in the window. We saw it in the closet so we asked about it and felt like we were asking for the moon. I can understand that the ocean breeze is nice and having open windows and a fan is great. However it would have been nice if Danny had informed us about how we could use it. It was very hot during the day when we were there and with no breeze it was difficult to cool off at all during the day. The grounds were not well kept and the grass hadn't been mowed in weeks so that was difficult. There was no access to WIFI even though it said there was. We never met Stephanie but Danny was abit of a mystery. Sometimes he was welcoming and friendly, other times he forgot conversations and seemed annoyed we were staying there. So you can see why I say hot and cold. For me, no food or bed is worth the chance that something bad can happen or not feeling safe. Until they can get it together I would not recommend anyone stay here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank ladyloveschocolate
BeachHouseBnB, Owner at A Beach House Oceanfront Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry for the experience you had, but by its very nature, the emergency was unexpected. We apologize that in dealing with that, and our other guests, that we did not adequately express the appreciation we felt for what you experienced and for the assistance you provided. We obviously strive for a positive experience for all of our guests and realize that we did not meet these expectations on your visit. We wish you both all the best in your future travels.

Reviewed 3 September 2014

The breakfast is super yummy, the room super clean and comfy, the view magnificent and the owners are very helpful. The Beach house is a fantastic B&B and has everything that you would expect and more!

Danny cooks by passion, not just for a living, so the breakfast is indeed scrumptious in what you can expect at a B&B. The king size bed we had in our room had very soft linen and the bathroom was big enough and spotless. Stephanie and Danny were very helpful in providing directions and giving tips on what to do in the area. Additionally, do not hesitate to ask Danny to cook a meal for you, it will be a great dinning experience.

The tastefully decorated house isn't within walking distance of any main attraction (although a short drive to Cap Cod and Plymouth), but you will find peace and quiet to relax while enjoying the beautiful ocean view.

We now have to find an excuse to return to Plymouth simply to enjoy the Beach House again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Marc W
BeachHouseBnB, Owner at A Beach House Oceanfront Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Thank you so much! It was great having you here. The chairs will be waiting for your return.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

While there is plenty to do around Plymouth and Cape Cod, this place really makes you want to stay put for days to enjoy the scenery.
I stayed with Danny and Stephanie with my boyfriend and his family, and it was the highlight of our holiday! The setting is absolutely magnificent, with vast ocean views and a gorgeous little private beach. The hosts were warm and welcoming and always available for a chat. I would not hesitate to return here if I'm ever in the area again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Charlotte V
BeachHouseBnB, Owner at A Beach House Oceanfront Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

We are so glad you enjoyed your visit with us. It was great having you all here. We look forward to seeing you when you are back in the area.