“Race Point Lighthouse”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Provincetown
Race Point Lighthouse
Ranked #50 of 63 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 October 2013

You bring your own water, food, and linens. It's a little like camping in that sense, because there is no television either. There is soooo much history to it, soooo much beauty, and soooo much peace. It is such a unique experience, heading out in the Suburban across the dunes, watching for whales, staying in a keepers house that is sooo historic. You share the kitchen (there are two refrigerators) and the living room and porch are common spaces. The bedrooms are upstairs, three to choose from. The views are breathtaking, the place is serene as can be. Prepare to relax and enjoy nature. Cape Cod National Seashore is the best

Room Tip: Blue room is the cheapest and smallest ~ views of the lighthouse and the sunset. Green room is the l...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Steeduslopeedus

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

What a great experience! Keepers are very friendly, accomodating, and a wealth of great local info. Hubby spent the time fishing and I spent it reading. We have an over sand permit so we also spent time exploring. The area is so peaceful and quiet. Our room had great views of the lighthouse and the airport. One word of warning - Don't bring anything that needs to be microwaved. Because they run solely on solar and wind there's not enough power for a microwave.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank jg_59tls
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I built our entire road trip from Indiana to Cape Cod around staying here and we were not disappointed. First of all, our volunteer lighthouse keepers were the best. A couple with three grown sons, they were delightful to talk to/live with for our stay. Upon arrival, they took us up to the lighthouse and showed my young children how it used to work and how it currently works. My 5 year old got a kick out of putting his finger over the sensor and turning on the light. The house is a step above camping; you must bring your own sheets and water (brush your teeth with your bottled water!). Since we were on a road trip anyway, we just loaded up the cooler with dinner and breakfast stuff for our stay. The boys LOVED staying right on the beach and we were lucky enough to see 10-12 seals and a finback whale as soon as we walked out. My kids enjoyed collecting tons of sea rocks. There are a couple of telescopes in the house and we trained one on the moon for our children at bedtime. What a treat. We live in a city and it was so exciting to me to see nothing but moonlight on our window panes and the reflection of the moon on the water. Our lighthouse keepers and their friends took my kids fishing in the morning before our departure. This is an excellent place to take a family (but watch out for all of the poison ivy). This stop was by far the highlight of our trip. We'll always remember it.

Room Tip: My family of four was able to stay in a room with two queen beds and a twin bed.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank turistaamericana
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Took the ferry from Boston. Jim the Keeper picked me up at the ferry in P-Town. On the way to the lighthouse, Jim stopped so I could get some provisions. After a twenty minute ride through the dunes you come across the lighthouse, keeper's house, and whistle house. Families can rent out the whistle house. I toured it, it is gorgeous. The keeper's house has a number of guest rooms. They are all very clean and very well decorated. My room (yellow) looked out at the lighthouse on one side and the atlantic ocean on the other. Because I was there to do some photography work, I spent very little time in the house. I must say, the beach was absolutely spectacular at low tide. I look forward to bringing my wife and children down for a more relaxed stay.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that all the people connected to this lighthouse are very committed. They cherish it. For that, I thank them. They are working to preserve an important piece of this country's history.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank paulfromboston
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I was searching for a place to stay on the Friday night before Memorial Day Weekend. We were already booked into a hotel in Provincetown for the rest of the following week but they did not have accommodations available for us on Friday. Lucky for us I found the lighthouse and gave them a call - how surprised was I when they said they had room - actually we were the only ones there on Friday night. What a delightful place to stay. A bit of a throw-back to the 50/60's without any microwave or television but the location is quite simply - BEAUTIFUL!!! Our first stop was to buy some groceries then pickup a 4WD pass from the ranger station. Next we drove up and over the dunes to the Keeper's house - totally renovated a few years ago. Our room was on the second floor and slept 5 people. I was there with my 2 grandchildren, boy/girl ages 7/6 and the other "Nana". We had a wonderful time here...the keeper and his wife were very accommodating and enjoyed the kids and the beach as much as we did. At night we played games and sat and talked. The kids didn't miss the TV and/or their electronic games one bit. The sounds and smells of the ocean were heavenly! The views are 360 degrees. We actually hated to leave...will defintely be back soon.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family