“Gorgeous location and stylish drinks/dining”

The Red Inn Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 143 Restaurants in Provincetown
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 January 2018

The Red Inn has it all. Views and outdoor (bar) seating on the water. Wonderful bartenders, cocktails, and a decent win list. Delicious food. (And higher prices). We always enjoy our visits.

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Great food, great service, great location in Provincetown. Directly on the water with a great view of PTOWN harbor. Open year round. Also has rooms to rent.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

We made reservations at this popular site and we enjoyed our service and meal. The only disturbing part was our table was next to the bar and a very drunken male guest ruined a large part of our evening meal with friends.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

One can usually tell what a restaurant is all about by the host at the door. We were greeted very warmly ( party of 7 with reservation ) after walking in from the pretty front yard, viewing the water, and seeing some patrons enjoying cocktails outside in adironack chairs facing the water. Our waiter was personable an thorough, with runners bringing the courses in a timely efficient manner. I enjoyed the pork chop, with others at the table enjoying seafood or beef, there wasnt a bad dish among us. The dessert menu looked delicious as well but we skipped it as we were headed to a function. When leaving we were thanked and and wished good night by our waiter, bar staff, and host -- one can tell they enjoy their jobs here and are well trained in hospitality. A must eating experience if you're in town !

Reviewed 21 October 2017

My husband and I had a marvelous dinner at The Red Inn last Thursday evening. I cannot understand the recent negative comments I read here on Trip Advisor. We had a reservation for 6:15, were greeted warmly and shown to a table near the bar with a perfect view of the sunset over the bay. Our server, Devon, was a delight: very attentive, always checking on our table whenever he served something to another near by, and vice versa. We recall him from his time at the Blue Whale and at his own restaurant Devon’s. He knows the service business well, and is excellent at it. I was particularly impressed by the time and care he gave a French speaking couple across from us, helping the husband select a meal that did not trigger a food allergy he had. That kind of care is what excellent food service is about.

My Summer Manhattan was delicious: Bulleit Bourbon infused with black tea, with lemonade and ginger cordial: I must try this at home! Hubby’s Gray Goose vodka martini was equally fine. We shared the Oysters en Brochette as an appetizer, and both had the blackened brook trout. When I asked that mine be served without sauce, Devon wisely suggested having it served separately, to allow me options. Thank you, Devon! The trout was excellent, moist and full of flavor. Chocolate Decadence for dessert was melt in your mouth perfection.

The ambience, view and food preparation were perfect. Devon’s attentiveness and excellent service made this an over-the-top evening for us. Over the years we have dined in many fine restaurants in New York City, Chicago and London, but nothing topped this for that grand combination of food and service.