“This place is disgusting”
Review of Friendly's

Friendly's
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Sagamore Beach
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

I brought my 6 year old daughter and her buddy here for lunch. I should have just walked back out. This location was dirty and severely understaffed. We waited 10 min to be seated. Waited 20 minutes to get our drinks. I had a view of the kitchen prep area. Floor was filthy. Actually saw one of the servers who was prepping a salad. Drop 2 apples on the dirty floor then put them back on prep table. Then she prepped a salad with her bare hands which she kept wiping on her dirty apron.

Our server was very apologetic for wait. She did her best, you could see she was overwhelmed.

I wont be going back to this location. Plymouth location seems to be better.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We arrived a little after 6pm on a Thursday. We were greeted and seated right away, and our waitress, Victoria, came within a few seconds and was perfectly pleasant and professional throughout our visit. Our food came quickly and was fresh and at correct temperatures. Ice cream also came quickly and was good. It's not a fancy restaurant but our kids enjoyed their dinner and dessert and so did we.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I am not one to complain, but this was the absolute worst dining experience I have had in my life.

Our party had 9 people - 4 adults and 5 kids ages 7 and under. When we first entered the restaurant at around 7 p.m., we noticed that the place was nearly deserted. We figured getting a table would be quick, yet several waitresses walked by without even acknowledging our presence. A few minutes later, my mom asked about whether we were supposed to seat ourselves, and someone remarked that she would "be right with us."

We were finally seated in two separate booths. The kids (all enthusiastic boys) were super excited to get ice cream, as we were only there for dessert and this was supposed to be a special treat. We took a few minutes to figure out what we wanted, and then the waitress came to take our orders. In the excitement of the kids ordering, we forgot to ask for waters, but drinks were never suggested or offered up either. We figured we would just snag the waitress when she came by again and ask for waters.

Fast forward almost 45 minutes - still no ice cream, still no waitress! Seriously, we have no idea where she disappeared to and the kids were all thirsty and wondering where the heck their ice cream was. In the meantime, the boys were all amazingly patient and playing rock/paper/scissors, I spy, etc.

Finally our ice cream came. I only wish we had taken pictures - my husband's "super thick" shake was the consistency of milk with crushed up Oreos; the kids' make your own sundaes were puddles of ice cream with sad piles of whipped cream on top; and the adult sundaes were drinkable. We all stared at disbelief at what was placed at our table. It would be one thing to wait 45 minutes for really good ice cream, but we got melted crap!!!!

As a group none of us are prone to complaining, but this was inexcusable. When our waitress returned a couple minutes later with our waters, we mentioned that we waited for 45 minutes and got soupy ice cream and asked if there was anything that they could do about it. She said she would speak with her "manager."

In the meantime, all we could do was slurp our way through the melted ice cream. Thankfully, the kids didn't seem too upset about the whole thing, but the adults were fuming - especially when the bill was dropped and came to $42. About 10 minutes later, the "manager" came by and semi-apologized, but basically blamed the fact that their takeout line was supposedly out the door (I checked - MAYBE 8 or 9 people), and that the waitresses were "busy." He practically told us that there was nothing they could have done to prevent our soupy ice cream experience, which was ludicrous. He then took a whopping 15% off of our bill (thanks a lot) and when I told him that the whole experience was disappointing, he came back with the fact that he has his kids to think about too. (Why he thought the fact that he has kids had anything to do with our terrible dining experience, I don't know.)

In conclusion, this restaurant managed to take what was supposed to be a fun, rare dessert outing for our family and turn it into a stressful event. AND in the process, everyone we interacted with made it sound like it could not have been prevented. Although we visit the Cape every summer, we will NEVER be back to this restaurant again!

4  Thank Rachel U
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

Friendly service. Got the waffles and they were good. Place was kind of run down and not clean. Passed by the kitchen and that didn't look clean either. Kinda scary!

Reviewed 2 September 2016

Stopped here for ice cream a couple of times while at Scusset Beach. It's the typical Friendly's; they had a cheap cone deal and their ice cream is always good. I loved a coffee Fribble and also a classic hot fudge sundae. Service at the take out window was pretty poor, though, from the younger staff. Twice we had all the kids walk by and say "Somebody will be right with you" and then go talk to each other in the kitchen, which is clearly visible from the take out window. The more mature ladies were the ones who would say "Have you been helped yet?" and when we said No, they'd take our order. I wouldn't go there in a hurry; getting a Fribble and a cone took 20 minutes.