“Reminds me of Cape Cod”

Salisbury Beach State Reservation
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Salisbury
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Reminds me of Cape Cod with the same beach sand. Very pretty here and at low tide the seals hang out on the rocks. However, my friend's dog ate a fish hook here since it's also a great place to go fishing. Great place for a nice walk with a jetty and larger beach nearby.

1  Thank Beezel427
"dogs are allowed"
"lots of space"
"hot days"

Reviewed 3 January 2018

This is a gem of a beach to visit. You can get a free pass if over 62. It has mulitple bathrooms. Also for campers it is a great spot within walking distance to the water. It is always clean and has lifeguards.

Reviewed 28 November 2017

Stumbled upon Salisbury state beach years ago simply because I wanted to get out of the traffic heading to Hampton Beach! What a find!!! It’s bwcome one of my favorite places to go during the summer!
Beware.....parking lots fill up quickly!! You want to get there before 11am or you’re probably not going to get in!
I always purchase the year pass because I know I’m going to get my money’s worth ....
This is one of THE cleanest beaches in the area! I’ve never seen trash around and people really do a great job with picking after themselves! People are friendly and cute kid!
Views are fantastic - water is cold but the waves are so much fun to play in!! Bring your boogie boards - I promise you’ll have as much fun as your kids do! Also bring along a pail and small net- we already enjoy catching snails and crabs ....and of course lettting them go after observing them for a bit!! There’s definitely an abundance of sea creatures to collect and explore here!
The bathrooms are always clean....not a far walk from the beach either - they do offer outdoor showers to rinse off in and changing areas which we are most appreciative of by the end of the day!
As you’re heading out after a long beautiful day at the beach be unsure to stop and get some ice cream at the ice cream stand about two minutes down the road - it’s delicious and absolutely satisfying after being in the hot sun all day!

I would highly recommend checking out this beach! It’s a great place to go and play with the kids or relax and just take in the sound of the ocean!!!

1  Thank Christine M
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Clean, friendly , and pets are welcome!!! One of my favorite places to camp!!! I wish we could make our reservation for next year now and didn't have to deal with reserve America.

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Camping at Salisbury is like camping a parking lot. There is no vegetation between you and the next camper. Its very open. I suggest you look at the site photos on a website CampsitePhotos (google it). We camped this weekend, middle of September and the place was packed, nearly at full capacity, which tells you how popular the place is even during the "off season." Our site A-37 was in the first row, so you don't have any campsites behind you, just the access road to the beach parking lot. When we got to our site, we noticed tons of trash in and around it. The firepit was loaded with garbage like empty case of beer box, empty bag of charcoal etc. Then strewn around the site, beer bottle caps, scraps of trash, tissues/wipes, etc. It was gross. I suggest you bring a rake to clean up your site because they clearly do not clean up between campers. The campground bathhouse was ok, old and tired and a little grungy, but just wash up quick and get out is my motto. But let's face it, you go to Salisbury for the beach, which does not disappoint. The water is clean, no seaweed or rocks. The only issue is at high tide, its hard for kids to swim since there is a significant drop off. The bathrooms at the beach are pit toilets and quite gross smelling. The beach area facilities seemed not taken care of with again garbage all over and overgrown vegetation. Its sad to see the entire park in such condition, probably a victim of state funding and lack of employees. We visit state parks all over New England and Salisbury by far is the dirtiest.

3  Thank Rachel A