“Very different and good food”
Review of Off The Grid

Off The Grid
Ranked #37 of 69 Restaurants in Sandwich
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Really good food and such a fun and interesting place! A stay put bus food truck! My kids loved it and we went twice while on our vacation!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Read about this new, different restaurant so as we were vacationing we thought we should give it a try before we had to go home.
Cool bus turned into restaurant. With nice newly made picnic tables to dine at. Condiments at served at the side truck.YUM!!!
There we just as many eating at tables as taking to go.

Limited menu, but so overwhelming by such delicious choices.
This was a hot spot, as we were dining around1:30 and the line did not stop.

We decided on the Pig Lebowski: Pulled pork, pickle fries, coleslaw and house BBQ on a buttered grill brioche bun. OMG!!!!
This was a mound of freshly smoked tender lightly sauces pulled pork. Amazingly good.
I could not decide between this and the Mac Daddy: a burger with bacon, cheese, grilled mac and cheese, scallions, and truffle ailoi.

I had to chose one so went with pulled pork. Do NOT worry I will be back to conquer the Mac Daddy next.

Waited with a gentleman who was playing it cool with a regular burger and fries. He was more than pleased. Stated best burger he has had. He had a mound of thin cut crispy fries.

Keep up the good work we want to eat here every time we come to the cape!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a surprise, the food here is great. The pig Lebowski pulled pork sandwich was huge and it had pickle fries and coleslaw on the sandwich. It was very good. The ribs and truffle mac and cheese were also good....

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

This cool old bus, puts out some of the best BBQ that will ever cross your lips. Located just steps from the Sandwich Marina, it’s a great place to stop after a walk on the canal, or a bike ride. Burgers, ribs, pulled pork just a sampling of what is offered. If that doesn’t fill you up, you can walk across the grass to the the ice cream shop for dessert.

I don’t know anyone who has been there that has not gone back, or is planning their next trip

1  Thank Dave F
Reviewed 12 June 2018

Fair warning, I share an address with this business, and I am their landlord, so although I am not part of the business directly, I do benefit from their success. My business, Shipwreck Ice Cream, is located on the same property, so I do also benefit from the lunch and dinner traffic they generate, except that i'm not sure many people have any room left for dessert after eating there. I have also benefited the last 3 months as a "taste tester" and have had the privilege of getting a sneak preview into many of chef Joe Hardwick's amazing offerings. The food here is really, really good. It is delicious and belly busting good, the I-can't-eat-another-bite but i'm going to anyway type of good. I think many repeat customers plan on taking half home for lunch or dinner the next day. The atmosphere is awesome, relaxing, and really does feel like a small Caribbean get-away. The owners did a great job with the space that used to be just scrub brush and locust trees. The best part may be combination of great food and casual outdoor seating. Just off the beach or a boat? Don't feel like going home to get changed to go out for dinner? This is the perfect, go-to from beach to burger type of place. Like I have said, I am the landlord, and I do own the ice cream shop that shares this address, so I have an interest in seeing them succeed, but they really are as good as you have heard, and I think they may even get better as they expand the menu...

1  Thank CapeUW