“Good food and good service”

Not Your Average Joe's
Reserve with OpenTable
Not Your Average Joe's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 90 Restaurants in Seekonk
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 3 August 2018

We recently visited Not Your Average Joe's in Seekonk Mass. with grandchildren. The food and service were very good and we were especially pleased with how a young lady named Pam who is the manager there went out of her way to accommodate one of the kids who has serious allergy issues.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 27 July 2018

We tried this place for my birthday because I wanted something different. We pulled up and went in. We stood at the door for maybe 2 minutes if that before being seated at a table in the bar area. My husband and I didn't even get a chance to open the menus before our waitress walked up to take our order. We ordered drink and she brought us some bread with oil to eat as we waited. Yummy!!! My husband ordered the enchiladas and I had the BBQ Meatloaf. Both were delicious! The meatloaf was a fairly good size piece with mashed potatoes and carrots. The enchiladas were not spicy at all which is good as most place we have had them at before are way too hot!

The only bad part was I witnessed the bartender blow his nose mulitple times and NOT WASH HIS HANDS before touching customers glasses!!! Grossed me out!

I will go back though as the lemonade I ordered didn't come from the bar area!

Date of visit: July 2018
Jimmie B, Guest Relations Manager at Not Your Average Joe's, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Hello -
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your meals and the service you received. I am so disappointed to hear about the issue with the bartender and I am making sure that management reviews this with the entire staff. Hygiene is so very important!
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed 16 July 2018

I took my two grand-children to this place because it was close and the grandson wanted a burger. We walked in and stood by the reception 'stand' and waited...after about ten minutes, someone came to seat us. After we had been seated about ten minutes, I went to the bartender and asked to see a beer selection list and was given one and was told he would send over a waitress. After about ten more minutes, a waitress appeared and we ordered two cheese burgers...both medium...after a long wait, both came and both were well-done and we made no comment. The waitress asked me 'how was your meal?" and I told her above and she did not apologize and left. Up came a young lady who did not introduce herself (I suspect she was the shift manage) and said "I understand you had a 'mix-up' in what you ordered and I told her above...her response was no apology but "well I hope you have a good rest of your evening" and she walked away. We decided we did not need to ever return to this restaurant

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank johnyO1791JU
Jimmie B, Guest Relations Manager at Not Your Average Joe's, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Hello Johny,
I am very disappointed to hear about your experience and the fact that this was not handled as it should have been. Please accept my sincere apology. I would very much like to make things right for you. If you will reach out to me directly at guestrelations@nyajoes.com I will try to make things right for you.
Please include your full name and mailing address and a reference to this TripAdvisor name.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

I’m always surprised at how the food here seems more like it’s from an upscale private place and not at all like it’s from a chain restaurant. There’s some presentation and attention to detail in technique. Food is cooked properly and well served. The menu is perfect with variety and not just the average offerings. Somebody’s doing a great job here

Date of visit: July 2018
Jimmie B, Guest Relations Manager at Not Your Average Joe's, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2018

Thanks so much for your awesome review! I hope we'll be seeing a lot more of you!

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

I’ve been to several NYAJ’s in a couple states. They’re all the same. A good decent meal. Service was good and accommodated food allergies.

Date of visit: July 2018

Thank you! See you again real soon!