“Great food and atmosphere”

Southern Kin Cookhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Southern Kin Cookhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 312 Restaurants in Somerville
Reviewed 10 March 2017

We lunched here on a Tuesday. I had the shrimp po-boy which was really good. Shrimp were not overcooked and had a light crunchy batter. The remoulade sauce was tasty and the crusty roll was perfect. My hubby had the shrimp and grits that had great flavor. Our friend had the chicken and waffles. The portion was so large that he could not finish the chicken. We all loved our meals. Only thing we did not like was the parking situation. Had trouble finding a spot. May have been due to construction in the area. The meal was a little pricey but the food was really worth it.

Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

We were excepting this to be real southern place. The chicken and waffles were good also the ribs we good but wasnt really impressed our waiter was awesome

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

I hate writing bad reviews when the staff is nice but the food just wasn't good. The ribs at the 99 are absolutely better than the ribs at southern kin. Mac and cheese was good. Brick chicken dish was fine, slightly dry but better than the ribs. Nice atmosphere but overall expensive for the product.

Reviewed 23 February 2017

This place is fantastic! So glad we tried it. I had the fried chicken and waffles served with a spicy maple syrup and hot/tasty honey sauce. Oh yum. I'd happily go back tomorrow night. The worst thing about the meal was it wasn't all you can eat. I might still be there. My husband had two bowls of gumbo, deviled eggs, and fried okra. All were delicious (he started with one bowl and ordered another gumbo). Fun bourbon drinks and delicious buttermilk pie for desert. We'll be back. Great service from Matt

Reviewed 2 February 2017

The food and drinks are excellent as well as the servers! I pretty much wanted everything on the menu. Many twits on classic southern cuisines. Its on the expensive side but the food is excellent and its always packed in there!