“Highlights - Free Parking, great food”
Review of The Painted Burro

The Painted Burro
Ranked #12 of 331 Restaurants in Somerville
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Summer Street
Transit: Davis Square MBTA Redline. Follow Elm Street from the center south. After you cross Bowers Ave we will be on your left.
Description: The Painted Burro features an exciting seasonal menu that highlights the diverse cuisines of Latin America. From our wonderfully flavored moles to our selection of grilled meats and fish to our extensive list of over 100 craft tequilas the goal at The Painted Burro is to impart our local chef driven styles into modern interpretations of Latin American cuisine with a strong respect for tradition.
Reviewed 1 August 2017

This was a very pleasant experience. Portions and service was excellent. We ordered the Dos Empanadas, shrimp with grits, tofu and shrimp tacos. Everything was excellent. The shrimp and grits especially had an unusual spice on the shrimp that I really enjoyed. Staff was very amenable to any change. e.g. asking for the roasted cauli as a side, rather than in a taco. Definitely deserves a second, third , fourth visit. I want to try everything on their menu.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

I came here on a Monday night and the service was very slow. It took us almost 25 minutes to get our drinks, and then when we did get them one of them was the wrong kind. The food was great, however the server did not tell us how hot the plates would be and one of my friends burned her arm.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

Friends took us here, it's their go-to local spot - for good reason! Excellent chilaquiles with fresh chips and quality salsa. Good vegetarian options and multiple dishes that can be made vegetarian.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

This place is fantastic for brunch. I always get the superbeasto (a little of everything) and never regret it, but everything my friends have tried has always been good too.

Reviewed 11 March 2017

Davis Square just keep getting better! I had never eaten here and was a little apprehensive reckoning this might be a taco joint. On the contrary I was pleased to learn that it specializes in a broad selection of higher-level, imaginatively crafted, and reasonably priced Latin American cuisine. Really glad that I arrived early for dinner as it gave me the opportunity to sit and wait at their bar. After letting me taste a few samples, the bartender Lindy set me up with a light but hoppy pilsner. I should note that the bar has an outstanding selection of beer and tequilas. When my friends arrived, we had beer, wine (I had a tasty Loire Valley Sauvignon Blanc), chips, salsa, and a plate of nachos. For the entree I had a special, a superb sole stuffed with crabmeat which worked perfectly with the Sauvignon Blanc. The service, by the delightful and knowledgeable server Tallulah, was first rate. I can't wait to bring my family here.