“Great place for brunch”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Summer Street
Transit: Davis Square MBTA Redline. Follow Elm Street from the center south. After you cross Bowers Ave we will be on your left.
Description: The Painted Burro features an exciting seasonal menu that highlights the diverse cuisines of Latin America. From our wonderfully flavored moles to our selection of grilled meats and fish to our extensive list of over 100 craft tequilas the goal at The Painted Burro is to impart our local chef driven styles into modern interpretations of Latin American cuisine with a strong respect for tradition.
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Four of us went for brunch on a beautiful fall Sunday in New England. We arrived at our reservation time of 1 pm and were promptly seated and the waitstaff service was fine.

The menu had a lots of offerings for brunch, indeed a whole separate menu. Lots of breakfast/lunch items, many egg dishes along with interesting cocktails, beer, wine, appetizers and salads. The chips (made on premises and still warm when served) and salsa were excellent. All of us loved the home fries that came with our meals. One of us tried the special entree - Avocado Benedict; very good, basically the English muffin was replaced by sliced avocado.

Two in our party said they had been to The Painted Burro for dinner and loved it.

We will be happy to return.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

Painted Burro was a nice surprise. Their menu was small but varied. My wife and I each ordered different types of mole tacos, wife's was a carnitas with squash mole, and both were terrific. I ordered Mexican corn on the cob that had an avocado sauce with it and it was great. I promise that one taco is sufficient for an entrée. Portions were very large I thought. My wife ordered a kale salad and it was huge. Give it a try.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

We were in a party of 6; me, wife, 2 daughters and their husbands ranging in age from 61 to 85 - so on the elder side and probably the oldest diners there around 5:30pm. We got seated quickly and drinks got quickly ordered. There is a large selection of menu items and the beverage list is equally extensive. The chips are some of the best I have ever had and so good that we got a second serving having devoured the first round. The guac was excellent and because of market conditions you pay a little extra for it. I had the Mexican Chopped Salad which I thoroughly enjoyed, but was not able to finish the ample portion. Others in the party expressed total satisfaction with their choices. The only negative we had was the noise level was high, but then again this place caters to the younger crowd, so I don't feel justified to knock off a star for that coming from an old fossil like me.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Our waitress was so nice, funny, and accommodating. We were a larger group (8 of us) and the meal and service were so wonderful. Great food and great atmosphere! In the summer months, they open the front of the restaurant and it has a nice open-air feel to it.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Headed to the painted Burro after dinner, had some great drinks, with some good music and chill vibes. A fun night was had by all.