“Great for a quick lunch!”

Cantina La Mexicana
Reserve with OpenTable
Cantina La Mexicana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 345 Restaurants in Somerville
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 5 March 2016

Had a very yummy lunch - pretty standard Mexican fare, but menu offerings are diverse and a little more interesting than average. Food prep was excellent ( we had the fish taco plate and a veggie burrito), and service was quite quick. Recommend!

Reviewed 25 March 2015 via mobile

Fairly decent Mexican food. The burrito is gigantic! I mean this thing was huge (so very filling) I am still trying to find somewhere in Cambridge where I can just get a bean burrito though! The beans and rice was delicious! The meal was quite filling I would order from there again for sure! Best Mexican I have found so far in Cambridge!

Reviewed 9 October 2014

First the owners are really wonderful friendly people!! second the Prickly pear margaritas are so good:) and the food is the best Mexican around town.. go there you will not be disappointed!!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We were visiting and stopped in. Great food, best margaritas. Owner had a real passion for food and the restaurant as a whole.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My wife and I tried Cantina for the first time at approximately 6:30 PM on a Saturday night. After a 10-minute wait we were seated by the hostess in the bar area where we were not greeted by a server for another 10 minutes. We ordered specialty margaritas, water, chips and salsa and 5 minutes later we were told that they did not have the specialty margaritas. We changed our order to red sangria and five minutes later we were told that they were out of this as well. We ordered house margaritas, which were so-so and this is when we finally received our water. The chips and salsa arrived another 10 minutes later. After we finished our first drinks we tried switching to white sangria but they were out of this as well, so our server recommended 9-flavor margaritas. The 9-flavor margarita has a lot of flavor - mostly spicy - and suffice to say it was a poor substitute for sangria.

When our food arrived it looked great, but we had no utensils. These arrived 3-5 minutes later at which point the server promised to bring us more water. We never received the water and he never checked on us until we were done.

We had two entrees and 5 drinks for $95, which included a 15% tip - probably the worst tip I have provided in my adult life. Your money is better spent somewhere else.