“The good Mexican place in Union Sq”

Cantina La Mexicana
Ranked #121 of 324 Restaurants in Somerville
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 14 November 2016

At the other end OF Union Sq from El Potro is Cantina La Mexicana. Does this small area have enough room for two? I think so. La Mexicana feels a bit more upscale; the drinks are more sophisticated, and the list of tequilas and mezcals is impressive.

The nachos here are pretty exceptional. Fish main courses are ok, but the meat-based tacos, enchiladas and quesadillas are very satisfying. Definitely worth checking out.

Reviewed 10 September 2016

Staying with a friend in Somerville this weekend, my husband and I decided to try one of the many local Mexican restaurants. After reviewing several menus/websites, we settled on Cantina La Mexicana. We tried to order online but I didn't want to sign up for another account that I wasn't sure I would ever use again. So my husband just went there to order. I had the Burro with roasted vegetables and he had the chorizo fajita. Unfortunately I can't comment this time on the service or atmosphere but the food was definitely good!

Reviewed 15 March 2016

Delicious tamales and other authentic mexican fare; everything on the menu is delicious! Service is very friendly and the margaritas are exotic, tasty and POTENT!
My fave mexican food in the area:)

Reviewed 5 March 2016

Had a very yummy lunch - pretty standard Mexican fare, but menu offerings are diverse and a little more interesting than average. Food prep was excellent ( we had the fish taco plate and a veggie burrito), and service was quite quick. Recommend!

Reviewed 25 March 2015 via mobile

Fairly decent Mexican food. The burrito is gigantic! I mean this thing was huge (so very filling) I am still trying to find somewhere in Cambridge where I can just get a bean burrito though! The beans and rice was delicious! The meal was quite filling I would order from there again for sure! Best Mexican I have found so far in Cambridge!