“The good Mexican place in Union Sq”

Cantina La Mexicana
Reserve with OpenTable
Cantina La Mexicana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #115 of 314 Restaurants in Somerville
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 14 November 2016

At the other end OF Union Sq from El Potro is Cantina La Mexicana. Does this small area have enough room for two? I think so. La Mexicana feels a bit more upscale; the drinks are more sophisticated, and the list of tequilas and mezcals is impressive.

The nachos here are pretty exceptional. Fish main courses are ok, but the meat-based tacos, enchiladas and quesadillas are very satisfying. Definitely worth checking out.

Reviewed 10 September 2016

Staying with a friend in Somerville this weekend, my husband and I decided to try one of the many local Mexican restaurants. After reviewing several menus/websites, we settled on Cantina La Mexicana. We tried to order online but I didn't want to sign up for another account that I wasn't sure I would ever use again. So my husband just went there to order. I had the Burro with roasted vegetables and he had the chorizo fajita. Unfortunately I can't comment this time on the service or atmosphere but the food was definitely good!

Reviewed 15 March 2016

Delicious tamales and other authentic mexican fare; everything on the menu is delicious! Service is very friendly and the margaritas are exotic, tasty and POTENT!
My fave mexican food in the area:)

Reviewed 5 March 2016

Had a very yummy lunch - pretty standard Mexican fare, but menu offerings are diverse and a little more interesting than average. Food prep was excellent ( we had the fish taco plate and a veggie burrito), and service was quite quick. Recommend!

Reviewed 25 March 2015 via mobile

Fairly decent Mexican food. The burrito is gigantic! I mean this thing was huge (so very filling) I am still trying to find somewhere in Cambridge where I can just get a bean burrito though! The beans and rice was delicious! The meal was quite filling I would order from there again for sure! Best Mexican I have found so far in Cambridge!