“An Institution”

Add it.
Halfway House Lounge
Ranked #18 of 32 Restaurants in South Hadley
Reviewed 20 April 2017

I grew up in South Hadley and all the years that I'd lived there had never gone inside the Halfway House. So on one of my trips home to visit my father I thought it would be a fun excursion to go the Halfway House. Two senior citizens and myself (almost a senior citizen) ventured inside. It was perfect -- definitely an authentic dive bar, dimly lit, cheap drinks but great atmosphere. We all really enjoyed it.

Reviewed 20 December 2015

My favorite stop when I visit my hometown is the Halfway House, your basic dive bar with cheap drinks, lousy popcorn, a couple TVs and usually lousy karaoke. What more do you want? Clientele range from college students to senior citizens and everybody gets along. I think the beer cost $3, nuff said.