All reviewsprivate balconylounge chairsheated poolcape codsecond floorroom was cleanwithin walking distanceend of the seasonlight sleepersmall kitchennon smokinggreat weekfridge and microwavecan't wait to come backfree coffeeliving areaa wonderful stay
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I have been there several times and it keeps bringing me back - the people at the motel are excellent to deal with, the special prices at the beginning of the season (May) and the end of the season (September) are especially good for people on a fixed budget and there is almost no traffic on the cape after school starts up again this is highly recommended

Room Tip: if you can request either room 17 or 19 - both have excellent views
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2017

An excellent location on the water, right near Rt. 28, friendly staff, pool. What's not to like?

It's far better if you have a good-size room with an ocean view.

Clean place; not pretentious. Good TV and coffee maker.

Negatives: small bathroom; can hear noise from other rooms; bed was hard.

Good rates off-season.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Rolling green lawns and sparkling blue water; what could be better? So often beach hotels have sand and sea grass and that is it! While that is attractive in its own way I much prefer the lush landscaping of Surfcomber. Room 6 was spacious, clean, comfortable and had a great shower....we all know how important a great shower is! Friendly staff, sparkling pool, flowers galore....but can we get back to the lawn for a moment? As someone who suffers from "lawn envy" all I can say is "I wish I had their lawn." There are also plantings of orange marigolds, red geraniums, blue salvia, yellow marigolds and dusty miller. It is all just lovely. I highly recommend staying there.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank mcohutt
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Stay way from room 18a. Too small. No Balcony or chairs to sit any enjoy the view. Was not told that room was smaller than all other rooms when we booked. No apologies from staff. Place was booked, so was unable to offer us another room . Was Disappointed. Rooms however were clean but dated. The grounds are well maintained. Would not go back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joseph M
TheSurfcomber, Front Office Manager at Surfcomber on the Ocean, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Dear Mr. Melo,

I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. 18A is indeed a small room (170 sq.ft). While most of our guests love this room, its low price ($189/night) and beachfront ocean view, I understand it is not a good fit for all. And I am also sorry to hear you were not aware of the room size prior to your arrival. We do our best to accurately inform our guests of our property and rooms as it is in no one's best interest to be surprised upon arrival. I wish we had had another room available for you but as you stated we were full so we had no other rooms for those 3 nights.

In regards to our rooms being outdated, we take great pride in the Surfcomber and keeping the hotel up-to-date. That said, compared to more metropolitan hotels, or say the Surfcomber in Miami, we are dated, but it's Cape Cod. And we find that to be part of the charm.

Regards,
Lisa.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We are back again...enjoying another great week at the Surfcomber. Our family has made this our go to place on the Cape. You can't get much closer to your private beach. It makes it so easy to enjoy a day at the beach. Yes the rooms are a little dated, but they are clean and comfortable. Room 27 has it's own porch with a view of the ocean, it makes a great place to sit and relax with a cup of tea. Some room have complete kitchens...ours had a microwave, mini-fridge, and keurig. There are many great places to eat in the surrounding area...with one place within walking distance. The staff has always been very friendly and helpful...we will be back again next year!

Room Tip: Room 27 has it's own porch-makes it easier to store the beach gear outside of the room.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family