“Great sushi!”
Review of Baba Sushi

Baba Sushi
Ranked #19 of 66 Restaurants in Sturbridge
Reviewed 17 February 2017

Loved the sushi! We were seated upstairs which was nice and spacious. Ordered some specialty drinks and they were excellent. Had the vegetable and shrimp tempura for an appetizer along with their jalapeno yellow tail. Both came very quickly and both were plenty for the three of us. We each ordered a sushi roll for our dinner along with the special roll of the evening to share. the special came our first and it was delish. the rest of our order came out beautifully presented BUT all on one platter. Our waiter did offer to bring it back and have it separated but honestly our party have no problem with sharing off of the same platter but I know some people would object. Although all of our food was plenty to fill us up we did opt for dessert. Fried green ice cream and a banana flambe. All in all everything was beautiful, fresh and tasty. Can't wait to go back and try the hot pot!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

We decieded to Try Sushi and see what its about. Have to say it was all good tons of different sushi made to order from California rolls to Tuna ,or shrimp rolls we ordered little bit of everything the best sushi roll was the fried soft shelled crab

Reviewed 31 December 2016

I have visited Baba Sushi several times since it opened in Sturbridge. There are 3 separate menus - one for sushi, one for hot pot and a regular menu. I have tried some of the food in each category. The hot pot is good, but a little sloppy. Fun if you are with a gregarious group! Personally, I like the sushi better at the neighboring restaurant. The regular menu is good, I enjoyed the fish. The restaurant was willing to accommodate my need for gluten-free food, which is sometimes a challenge in Asian restaurants. Waitstaff is hit or miss. I have had some great service and some very poor service. Worth the trip.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

I'm not usually a sushi person, so this is my first time eating this outside of a grocery store or buffet setting. Many of the places for this kind of meal are in the Boston area, and are overly expensive. I got to try many items today, some of which I probably would not have tried elsewhere, but it was rather reasonable. Personally though I like the deep fried asparagus, or tempura as they call it. Everything we had was great. I couldn't get over the rich flavor of the fish, meat, and my favorite fried veggies. All in all this is better than what you get at the grocery store, but for around the same price, in a decent atmosphere. The servers are wonderful and really know what their doing. They can answer questions ( I bugged em a bit, I'm sure) but they took it in stride and seemed to enjoy my inquisitive nature. This place apparently is also on Park Ave in Worcester, which is a lot closer to where I live, so I will likely be going there, but I'm told both places are prepared and served exactly the same.