“lucky find in Ptown”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 13 January 2018

while the truro Blackfish is closed off-season, they've opened a pop-up restaurant on commercial street in ptown. we stopped in for lunch, on the recommendation from the Glass Half Full wine shop across the street. one of the chalkboard specials was a delicious fish stew with littlenecks, mussels, and a great broth. almonds in the stew were a surprising treat. fish sandwich was great.

1  Thank capecodbob41545

Reviewed 31 December 2017

My partner and two friends enjoyed a wonderful lunch at the BlackFish Pop Up in P-Town. We enjoyed this last year in December and hoped it would be back again this year. We were thrilled it was. I had a delicious tomato based seafood soup - one of their specials of the day. Two of us enjoyed the great fried chicken and the fourth a large and juicy hamburger. We were fortunate to get the table for four in the front by the window. Great atmosphere, service, food and the prices were right.

1  Thank L920DZbillb
Reviewed 21 December 2017

Going to Blackfish is a real treat. The chef is inventive, the wine list is substantial and well curated. We especially appreciate the soft lighting and the welcoming bar that you can sit in to wait for your table. My favorite is to go to Blackfish for a romantic dinner, it never disappoints.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

We've been coming to the Cape for a week each Autumn for many years now but despite being told by many people how good Blackfish was, we were only able to dine here for the first time last year,when they extended their opening to the end of October.

So now we have just returned again from another wonderful week on the Cape and this time we dined here on 2 seperate evenings.

Along with Jimmy's in PTown and PB's Bistro , this has become a true favourite of ours.

It is lovely for 2 old Brits to park the car in the little town of Truro and walk a little on lovely,coldish, sea-misty evenings to this lovely place. It is hidden in a little dip and is wonderfully atmospheric on cold Autumn evenings on the Cape . Think very Stephen King !!!! Please go along with us as we are 2 old Brits with slightly vivid imaginations !

We were warmly greeted and shown to our table where we were served throughout the evening by the wonderful Jill

We both started with a Blackfish special Gin and tonic and local oysters that were the best I have ever had on the Cape. I believe Jill said that they were supplied by the guy behind the Bar .

Then we both had a filet of sole dish with a lemony sauce and asparagus and cauliflower mash. All wonderfully tasty and beautifully presented.

I finished with a chocolate dessert which was superb but I couldn't quite finish as I was stuffed. My Missus who is far more sensible than me....and alot thinner... had a creme brulee

The Chef here is very clever and classically trained and clearly knows what he is doing.

As I said , we so enjoyed it here we booked again on our penultimate night on the Cape, when we are both a bit down as we have to fly back to the U.K. So it cheered us up a bit

So until we are now back in our home in Old Hampshire ( the original ! ) and have about 10 zillion leaves to rake up !

So until next year Blackfish when we will enjoy your fine food again.

1  Thank Francis47
Reviewed 25 October 2017

My husband and I ate here with my in-laws a few weeks ago, and this is now my new favorite restaurant on the Cape. SO DELICIOUS!

The service was wonderful, the wine selection was great, and the food was seriously incredible. We started with a special appetizer: heirloom tomatoes and burrata. And while all of the entrees were great, the tuna bolognese was by far the standout. Do yourself a favor and order it... and if you feel extra nice, share it with your dinner date.