“Great food, wonderful atmosphere and terrific staff”
Review of Brelundi

Brelundi
Reserve with OpenTable
Brelundi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 193 Restaurants in Waltham
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Brelundis has a great menu and the food is excellent. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The atmosphere is quiet and very pleasant, especially the back deck, by the river. Highly recommended for a great evening out.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

The food is amazing and I love the ambiance of the restaurant with lovely brick walls and clocks and light fixtures to admire, a pond out back and waddling geese. What's not to love! Wonderful service, comfy and welcoming! I chose the Chicken Pesto Panini and it was fantastic! I loved the flavor of the chicken, the fresh tomato topping and fresh basil all on a nice soft roll. Dessert was an Almond tart and Pistachio Cream Cake my friend and I shared. We had to try them both! Both very tasty, fresh and something I've never had before. I love to try new things!

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Brelundi restaurant occupies a part of the historic Waltham Watch factory, with a large deck overlooking the Charles River. The menu has something for everyone- Hearty appetizers, Salads, Pizza, and several very good Italian dishes. We had a chicken breast stuffed with spinach and prosciutto, which was excellent. My wife and a friend split a salad (large) and two appetizers. Both very good. The pizza is good for 2 people. The portions are not oversize, but adequate. They serve bread and bread sticks with dipping oil- Bread is rarely served today in many restaurants!! They have beer and wine but hope to serve full bar in the future. Prices are average and they do take reservations. If the weather is warm, ask for seating on the patio. Very good staff.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

My three brothers and I took my Mom to dinner at Brelundi's Restaurant to celebrate her 82nd birthday. The entire staff went out of their way to accommodate us from the moment of our arrival. We had a 5:30 reservation on the outside deck. When we were escorted outside, we asked to be moved from the table they had set aside for us to another table with a better view of the river. They happily switched us over. The patio was very comfortable and was covered for sun protection.

The entire wait staff was welcoming and attentive during our entire stay. Giuseppi (Joseph) was our server and he was wonderful! Several staff members (I think they were owners) stopped by to chat and they continually gave us complimentary dishes. They gave us several servings of a fried chickpea appetizer that was scrumptious. I have never seen this item before and we all enjoyed tasting something new to us.

I don't remember the exact prices, but will estimate here. One brother and I ordered the homemade fettucini with mushrooms and grilled chicken in a pesto sauce ( approx $16) and a side salad. We both thought the dish delicious and generously portioned. I took half home with me. My Mom ordered the salmon on a bed of rice with wonderfully steamed summer vegetables (approx $20). Another brother enjoyed the chicken parmigiana with pasta in marinara sauce (about $16). My youngest brother ordered the seafood bowl with couscous. There is a ton of variety of interesting choices on the menu.

After our dinner, we were given lemon sorbet, again complimentary. Finally, they have a speciality dessert that Giuseppe presented with a lit candle to my Mom. It was called an Iris and everyone should try it - it was a cinnamon deep fried dough with a filling of ricotta and chocolate -- yum yum!

Brelundi's is located inside an old mill building and it is a nice mix of new and old. There is ample parking, if not right out front then across the street.

My mom definitely felt like ah honored person during our entire stay. We were never rushed and were all impressed with the friendly, attentive, and generous staff, not to mentiong the delcious food. Definitely a new favorite and we will be sure to return.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

This is a hidden gem. They were ironing the napkins as we walked in. Wait staff was attentive and more then pleasant. Dining al fresco with a beautiful view. Food was amazing. Highly recommended!