Courtyard Boston Waltham
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsfire pitunderground parkingoutdoor patiosafe areasmall poolhot tubfrequent travelerthe holiday inn expressoff the highwayking roomgas stationother hotelsmini fridgei highly recommend this hotelvery nice stayfirst floorfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2016

This Marriott sits on a hill in a semi industrial area. You can't really walk to restaurants, and if you leave the hotel during rush hour then you will get about 200 feet and then be stuck in traffic. However, the hotel itself is pristine with friendly staff and comfortable beds and fluffy pillows. We had an interesting encounter with the General Manager (tall brunette woman - I apologize for not remembering a name) who would not allow my 18 year old Boston College son to check in. I had signed him up for Marriott Rewards, got him a Marriott Credit Card but it was still not good enough. Luckily, I was in the area. She was very nice and explained that while Marriott has a rule about not allowing "under age check ins," that in the future we should contact a Marriott's General Manager beforehand and explain the situation. There is a form to fill out where an adult accepts responsibility for the room. This was actually very good information and I shared that with parents throughout our University's social media sites. (I also explained her caveat that not all General Managers will allow a student check in - so call the GM in advance and find out). I thought the room was beautiful and I would like to give an unusual compliment to the Maintenance Crew: The Shower / Tub area was perfectly caulked and sealed. So many hotels don't realize the damage that water can do as it leaks from a bathroom.......this Marriott bathroom was perfect, no water could possible escape the area. (I know that in some small office in the belly of this hotel, a chubby guy with dirty hands is reading this and smiling - well done!).

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank NH_Maine_2010
Reviewed 22 March 2016

No complaints ! Great location , nice big well appointed room with keurig coffee maker, helpful attentive staff . Especially Kenneth T..we arrived late after a great dinner next door at Naked Fish . They have a lovely fire pit outdoors that was not working but not for lack of trying . Apparently the previous night rain dampened our wishes of a lovely sit by the fire but Kennneth tried everything to get it going for us. Being in the service industry myself I appreciated his efforts!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KIMBERLY T
Reviewed 21 March 2016 via mobile

The staff was very polite and welcoming. The room was large and clean. Very close to shopping and lots of restaurants. My only issue was the cleaning of the pool on Saturday morning. We stayed here because of the pool and we're never able to use it. It should be cleaned when it is closed. They did extended our checkout an hour but the pool still wasn't ready. I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Candace D
Reviewed 19 March 2016 via mobile

Stayed one night for business. Room was clean and neat with a comfortable bed. It was storm out, so I ate dinner in the Bistro in site and had a nice sandwich. Also ate breakfast in the Bistro in the morning. Both were nice experiences with good service. Would stay again!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank LivNXS
Reviewed 9 March 2016

This is an excellent hotel. The service was superb - everyone I dealt with from check-in, to the Bistro and the cleaning staff were friendly and efficient. The room was extremely clean and nicely appointed. We had breakfast there every morning and it was always excellent. I choose Marriott for their consistent quality. This was the best so far.
Cathy L