“Wonderful Tapas!”

Solea Restaurant and Tapas Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Solea Restaurant and Tapas Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 198 Restaurants in Waltham
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cushing Street
Transit: Waltham Commuter Rail is located 4 blocks away.
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Solea offers regular entrees, but their tapas dishes are fabulous. The four of us split seven tapas orders and a pitcher of classic sangria with an order of churros for dessert. What could be better? The tapas dishes include unusual combinations. Who knew that collard greens with garlic could be so good? The lamb meatballs were also a stand-out as well as the lamb chops glazed with apricot. Solea is a neighborhood restaurant that shouldn't be passed over.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

I love Solea! Their tapas is so good as well as the paella. Their sangria is so good, I can drink a pitcher! Price is so reasonable! The parking here can be difficult.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Food was very pricey, but nothing compared to the Tapas bars in Spain, food was average to mediocre. we ordered shrimp and calamar and short ribs and empaneadas. The empaneadas were terrible. The stuffed pepper was average to good and so was the pallella. Overall I spent $300.00 for 8 of us , I will say not worth it. I will not go there again.

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Good service, thought the food could be better. Great area and location to go out for an evening out!

Reviewed 31 May 2017

Our first time in Waltham - we decided to see what options were available downtown and ended up choosing Solea. It was okay, My wife was not that hungry and got a couple of appetizers, that worked out well. I got the classic valenciana paella, it was pretty good, but nothing special - they were way too cheap with the saffron. I'd probably give the place a 4 anyway if it weren't that expensive and really loud.