“Good food but extremely weird an slow service”
Review of J.Dee Asian Bistro - CLOSED

J.Dee Asian Bistro
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Food is good!
But these people need help to adapt and organize the menu and choices. Extremely inflexible to the point where it becomes sad and almost funny. Makes me think of Kafka.
All questions such as: may I change this fish to this fish 'goes through the chef'.
If you're up to adapting to whatever's on the menu and don't have your own ideas of what you like and want - place is great. Otherwise you're up for a friendly but awkward battle and may have to pay extra for whatever it may be. +A lot of awkwardness.

Reviewed 11 March 2017

I am not from the area so I asked for recommendations from the hotel staff. The brochure from this restaurant was one that was included in the stack they gave me. I got on Trip Advisor to see if there were any reviews. The reviews were really good, so I went ahead and ordered the Pad Thai with shrimp and the Crab Rangoon. I was able to pay everything, along with the tip, online. I received a text with a time my food would be delivered. The driver called me to let me know he would be here in 5 minutes. He was right on time! The food was hot and absolutely delicious! There was a lot of food too. I couldn't possibly eat it all in one sitting!

Reviewed 7 October 2016

I have ordered take out/delivery from here about 10 times and every time its delicious. My favorite part is that they server typical Thai dishes but also serve sushi! Perfect for splitting and getting a bit of both cuisines. I highly recommend the Pad See Ew noodle dish or the Yellow Curry from the Thai menu. The Mexican roll from the Sushi menu is by far the best maki roll.

This is my go to place for takeout and will keep coming back until they disappoint me!

Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

The food at J.Dee Asian Bistro is always fresh and consistently delicious! I first dined in shortly after the restaurant opened and have since ordered take out a few times. The staff is friendly and service is timely. The Chicken Crazy Noodles are excellent, and the Spicy Salmon Maki is tasty. I have never been disappointed!

Reviewed 7 August 2016

I usually avoid restaurants that designate themselves as providers of "Asian" cuisine. To me, that sounds like a mishmash of flavors and a chef who's possibly decent at several cuisines but excellent at none. However, I was very pleasantly surprised by the food at J.Dee's. My taste buds did cartwheels of joy, and my belly shimmied in excitement!

Located across from the Watertown fire station and public library, J. Dee is pleasant and comfortable. The decor is not distinctive, but the level of service is. The folks who work there are friendly and polite.

The menu features sushi, Thai noodles and curries, and what we now think of as Chinese appetizers, such as pot stickers and crab rangoon. I would recommend ordering several appetizers to sample the variety. Not to be missed is the chive pancake, a crunchy pocket pastry stuffed with savory chives on the inside. The sushi was fresh and delicious. We also ordered country pad thai and a massaman curry, both well seasoned and balanced. I was happy to see that the pad thai was not overly sweet. You can also ask for hot sauce on the side if you want to bump up the Celsius on your spice-o-meter.

We ordered fried ice cream for dessert, which was fine, but I think next time I'll just have another order of chive pancake instead!