“The best baklava ever”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 25 October 2014

Large, wonderful salads. There is counter service unfortunately but they were fast even though the restaurant was full. Quite noisy but the food was excellent.

1  Thank Calgary0

Reviewed 24 October 2014

If I closed my eyes, I could imagine myself eating in Istanbul! The meze were really authentic. My Turkish kebap was reminiscent of an Iskender Kebap in Turkey. My wife got a chicken casserole and it was excellent. Our friends got fish entrees, swordfish and sea bass - both very good. Excellent servers and staff and a beautiful room - I can't wait to return!

1  Thank BCKL78
Reviewed 12 October 2014

I went there for lunch after many years. It has a nice atmosphere and I thought they would have some Turkish dishes, but lunch menu is mostly sandwiches etc from the grill, disappointing:( I got a chicken sandwich which was delicious, definitely enough for 2 people, next time I will share a sandwich and a salad with my friend. The place is packed, and that's why it is very loud during lunch. They have only couple tables outside but since they are next to a busy street those tables are loud too.Tables are small and very close to one another due to lack of space, we could not stay longer and chat. Food is good and I am sure if you skip the lunch crowd it will be a more pleasant experience. Next time I want to try their dinner specials.

1  Thank Bostonian1999
Reviewed 4 September 2014

Every dish that came out looked delicious. The salad I ordered was incredible, as were the dishes my friends had.

1  Thank Daylily108
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Birthdays and anniversaries are always celebrated at Cafe Mangel located in Wellesley, MA. The owner is Turkish and the Turkish influence produces wonderful combinations of middle-east spices in the dishes she serves. We like to start with a combination of meses, served with warm pita bread. Lamb and seafood and some vegetarian entrees are served in several different ways. Baklava is our favorite dessert. Reservation are suggested as the seating capacity is not large. Enjoy!

3  Thank Grandma71