Juniper
Ranked #2 of 70 Restaurants in Wellesley
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Takeout
Description: A spirited Mediterranean bistro in the heart of Wellesley, Massachusetts, Juniper offers creative, generously portioned plates filled with the "feel good flavors" signature to Eastern Mediterranean cuisine in an eclectic, colorfully adorned space. Juniper does not take reservations. It is first come, first served
Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

First TripAdvisor review, so much to praise about this place. Great dips and pita bread, you've got to try the manchego cheese and porkbelly too. But the bartenders J.C. and Ashley are best we've seen since moving here, even more exciting and cool - really cool - than those we experienced living in Manhattan. Bar scene feels like big city, music bumping, lighting dim, and you could really see bartender's chemistry. We had to remind ourselves we were in Wellesley.

Both took time to explain thinking about drinks, and were happy to go "off menu." On menu, definitely try Rabble-Rouser, Hester Prynn, EquiNox. Great amaro selection and knowledge - they're new to me, so it was really helpful. What my fiancee keeps mentioning is how, when we tried to really praise J.C. personally at the end he just passed it on, saying "We have a generous owner" "We have a talented small barstaff", "Ashley is also a pastry chef". Wow. Our new go to spot.

2  Thank rtwbuff

Reviewed 29 November 2016

Had a birthday dinner at Juniper that was a real treat. Food was delicious and plentiful. Lovely atmosphere and good service.
Would go back

Reviewed 28 November 2016

I have eaten at Juniper at least 15 times. Each time I have a client in town, I take them to Juniper. I am vegetarian, so I have lots of options here. During my last visit, I arrived at 5.30pm (they don't take reservations) and although I received my dips and lentil soup by 6pm, we waited something like 40 mins for our mains. When I asked the server to please check on our order, she told me that things will come out one at a time, the appetizers first, and then the mains. We explained that we had already received the appetizers but she was not willing to listen at all; she just kept saying the same thing. Then, she proceeded to tell me and my colleague that this is not McDonalds, and that things take time. This was very unprofessional of her and totally unacceptable. I know it's not McDonalds! Anyway, we paid up, I gave her a 20% tip and left. Now I will be taking my guests to Cafe Mangal in Wellesley instead. It's sad, since I've been a loyal customer for so long. But this server was really unpleasant.

1  Thank Greta G
Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

I will come back for sure! Nice food and very nice place in Wellesley!
Very good experience in both lunch and dinner!

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

Wow.

Ok, this place rocks. Smooth. Laid back excellence. Music, ambiance, easy service, decor food, exploration, fun, different. Those are the words we came up with walking to the car after our evening at Juniper.

This place is chill but on point. Loved the N/A lemon weiss beer. Nice! We started with 3 apps: the PEI mussels, grilled octopus and chicken liver pate. While the chicken liver was a miss, due to the bitter molasses reduction, the grilled octopus over apple jicama slaw was incredible and the mussels with bacon, peppers and feta was omg it has a depth in sauce we have never experienced before. We could not stop eating it.

A red pepper pecan hummus was superb gratis with warm pita came first. We ordered the chicken schnitzel next with hirrassa, roasted potatoes and capers. Wow again. This place is exceptionally chill and exquisite.

We had dessert plans but struggled to deny the date cake which we hear is #1. Go. You will fall in love with everything here.

1  Thank xpectdabest