“Quick dinner after a short visit”
Review of Boston Tavern

Boston Tavern
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We met old High School friends of my wife and the 3 couples went to Boston Tavern for a quick dinner. Very basic restaurant with a lot of Boston memorabilia with almost too many choices on the menu, making hard to decide what to get for dinner. I opted for the fish and chips which was nicely coated and golden fried, the french fries were OK. My wife had the Boston Scrod, which was a just a bit soggy. Our friends had either Chicken Parmigiana or the Prime RIb .. both very generous servings. Menu is very extensive which is intimidating ...

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Just had dinner here last night and was very disappointed . This is / was one of our favorite restaurants on the south shore but for some reason they were very much below par last night . It began fine we arrived at the restaurant a little after six and were greeted graciously by the staff and seated immediately . Thats when everything went south . We ordered drinks they were fine . Then we ordered an appetizer and asked if prime rib was on the menu because it is usually offered Thursday - Saturday and the waitress said it could be ordered . The entree arrived before the appetizer . It was prime rib and it was undercooked just warm and full of fat . Very disappointing . We asked the waitress where the clam chowder was and she said she forgot it . She eventually brought it out and it was the best part of the meal . We didn't finish the meat so the experience that evening was awful . Sorry I call it like I see it . I will visit one more time before I give up on this place because my entire family of twenty often eat there . To the Manager , please , please , please tend to situations like this because we really like your establishment . Thank you .

Reviewed 31 July 2017

we have been here twice before ...the second not as good as the first ,but this time was awefull ...ended up taking meal to go due to very slow service...feel bad for waitress because MAYBE not enough help.....chicken catch. was spicey? why ?another place that got caught up in the fact that they thought they are so good that they can put anything on the table and people will like it....too bad.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

We occasionally like to dine out at Boston Tavern in West Bridgewater and in Middleboro. The menu is extensive, the beers are good and the atmosphere is lively. We often have to wait for a table and it can be a little too loud for our tastes but the food is always good and the prices are reasonable. In short, it's a comfortable place to come back to. You know they're going to be consistently good.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I've come here on many occasions and never been disappointed. When I'm doing my no carb diet they've got plenty of choices, and when I'm not I love their fries. Been here for lunches and dinners. You won't be disappointed.