Seven Hills Inn(Lenox)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$99
  • Breakfast included
The Red Lion Inn(Stockbridge)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$320
US$379
US$239
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$294/night.

US$308
US$265
Shaker Mill Inn(West Stockbridge)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Blantyre(Lenox)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsper nightcoffee juicean older propertyflat screen tvbagelsnorman rockwell museumone night staymicrowavestockbridgeturnpikemasslodgingproscozy
Reviewed 23 May 2018

I spent several days in western Massachusetts, and this hotel was substantially more affordable than others, yet it is just as good. Right off the turnpike. Room was clean, staff is friendly. I highly recommend it. Despite the really low price, they even had a little breakfast (mainly cereal and coffee / juice) set up in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank john s
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

This is a very affordable yet older motel. Upon entry in the room, you are taken back 60 years. The decor, ambiance and feeling are overwhelming; one truly feels they are back to 1958. However, it is clean and comfortable. It doesn’t have the nasty fleabag smell. I gave it four stars for a reason. I liked it.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank chetsuabo
Reviewed 29 December 2017

We choose this location since it was close to Stockbridge. When we checked in for our 2 rooms - the owner asked if we would need "heat in the room?" Since it was late October we said yes - he wrote down our room numbers an said at 10pm he would switch on the heat to our rooms and showed us on the wall where each room was # and had knobs. (which never did come on in either of the 2 rooms at anytime) When we went to unlock our room the door knob is set to close to the door frame and you bang your knuckle turning the door knob. The room had a refrigerator - but was not plugged in - you had to choose where to have the refrigerator plug in or a lamp - there was not enough electrical outlet for both. The night stand was a plastic 3 draw Sterilite. The room itself smell musty and in much need of up keep. A little paint would have gone along way here. In the morning as other reviews have shown the owner set out breakfast on the front porch with no seating - almost like they were setting food out for a stray animal. When I tried to get a receipt for our stay - the owner said "no receipts" Guy is decidedly in the wrong business.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank KC4444
Reviewed 7 September 2017

This is an older property that hasn't been upgraded in awhile.
Pros:
* It's inexpensive, especially compared to tourist high-season rates in the area
* It's convenient to Tanglewood, to Stockbridge and West Stockbridge, and to the Mass. Turnpike (Interstate 90).
* It offers a simple breakfast -- bagels, cereal, juice, and coffee.

Cons:
* It's not luxurious. The rooms and the things in them are worn, but serviceable.
* There's no swimming pool.
* It's hard-by I-90, which might be noisy.

I stayed here for an event at Tanglewood because it was the only place in its price range. I was satisfied with what I got. Because it wasn't luxury I gave it a "Very Good." I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2017

This motel is very convenient to Tanglewood, which is about 5 miles away from the property and the reason I booked the room. The downtown area of West Stockbridge is less than a mile away with quaint cafes, a convenience store, and restaurants although be warned that all of the shops close early. After dark, you have to trek into the Lenox or Canaan areas (beware of the Love's on Route 2 though - dirty!) and beyond for food. There is nice hiking within a couple of miles of the property.

Okay, so very conveniently located for this part of the Berkshires. The motel itself does not deserve an average rating of 4.5, however, and if you believe this property is above average, you'll be disappointed.

Check-in was quick and the gentleman at the front desk was quite nice. Re: the room? Well, I've had worse rooms but let's say that this is a very budget motel. The wallpaper was peeling from the walls in spots. The accessible electric sockets didn't work, which meant nowhere to plug in my laptop when working at the table and nowhere to plug in the lamp that was on the table. The sockets behind the bed were probably installed in the 1950s and were very loose in the wall. When I went to plug something in, the sockets moved and the lights above the bed went out. There was a power bar near the fridge but nowhere to rest items while charging except the floor with a carpet that probably hadn't been shampooed since the 1950s. I had to charge my electronic devices in the bathroom. The WiFi signal was pretty much nonexistent just a couple of doors down from the motel office and it didn't work for me at all.

The bathroom was very clean but the rest of the room was less so. There was grime on top of the fridge, which I found when I was looking for places to plug things in, and under the bed, which had a carpet covered in dust bunnies with some lifesavers and cheerios. The mattress felt like it had a huge hole in it. It was sunken in with zero support over a large swath.

Check-out time is 10 AM, which is relatively early.

As someone else commented, the pool isn't being maintained. It had a "closed" sign on it throughout my mid-August stay.

Quiet night. Whether I would stay here again or not depends wholly on the price. If you pay more than $50 a night, you may feel cheated.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo