“deliciousness”

The Williamsville Inn
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Williamsville Inn offers a culinary niche in the Berkshires "The Taste of Germany" Restaurant, with special signature dishes like Wiener Schnitzel or Westphalian Sauerbraten available the entire year. Menu is created and prepared by certified Master Chef Erhard Wendt.Everything else on the menu changes seasonally. We only use organic produce either from our own gardens or local farm. Specialties can also be pre-ordered for dinner parties and special events. Gourmet specialties are also for sale by advance order at the Williamsville Inn or available at "Rubiner" in Great Barrington. Open Friday through Sunday in season and Friday and Saturday in the off season by advance reservation.Closed December 15 - January 15.
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Superb ingredients, friendly service and wonderful recipes make for an overall excellent dining experience. We celebrated our anniversary with dinner at the Williamsville Inn and it was one to remember. We especially loved the soups and the wiener schnitzel.

1  Thank sonhomeu

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Let's not get ecstatic. For most of my fellow Americans, who consider a tv dinner good food, this is top notch eatery. And don't get me wrong, I am not trying to diminish culinary talents of chef Erhard. Everything was delicious, but as in most cases, one insignificant detail can ruin the evening. I am talking about wine, my date ordered glass of Riesling, which came filled just below mid-line, and I am not talking about gigantic wine glasses that yield entire bottle, no, this was normal 8 oz. glass. And it was not an expensive wine either, it retails for $14-16 bottle ( I owned a liquor store in the past). So at $12 for glass I expected a full one, and when I mentioned it to waitress she replied "that's how it served".

Kandy W, Owner at The Williamsville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

As the owner of the Williamsville Inn & The Taste of Germany Restaurant, I'm always present in the dining room and ask guests if everything is fine. Nothing was mentioned when I went to the table, actually several times, so I regret that that glass of wine made them so unhappy to post a review instead of mentioning it to me or Chef Erhard. If the glass was not filled up correctly this would have been an easy fix to correct, especially as they enjoyed their dinner so much and making people happy is paramount to us. Their entire experience would have been so different if they had just said a word.

Reviewed 23 November 2012

The Williamsville inn in WestStockbridge ma, has been around for for decades. New ownership about 10 years ago have created a real gem. While I have never stayed at the inn I have dined ther regularly. An elegant dining area over looking master chef Erhard's kitchen through glass, is adjacent to the century old sitting room.

The food is excellent. Although a limited menu of 8-10 items, the munue changes regularly so each visit offers another interesting choice. In a recent visit for a birthday celebration one guest reved about the fresh roast duck he ordered, while another shared his veal shank and another their wonderful samon. This will be a repeat in a few months.

1  Thank mgbdiver
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We went here to celebrate an anniversary, and boy did we make the right choice. The October menu included wild mushroom soup (really, really good), Jaeger schnitzel (yummy) and the best goulash ever! We loved the "amuse bouche" which was ground salmon, leeks, and apples in a spreadable pate--such a nice surprise. The wine list is small but lovely and my husband thought the German beer was top notch.

It's a small room so make reservations early--check the website for the month's menu.

The owners make a point of coming out to speak with everyone--Kandy oversees the dining room and Erhard is the chef, who loves to tell about local foraging for mushrooms and the other local ingredients in the food. Even the two children get in the act--the son makes the spaetzle and the daughter makes a killer chocolate cake! As we were leaving, Erhard gave us a "to go" serving of homemade plum jam as a gift.

If you want to have a gourmet dining experience with the comfortable feel of a family dinner, this is the place to go!

1  Thank Gwen D
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Dinner at the Williamsville Inn is a true experience. The food is outstanding- Chef Erhardt is amazingly talented. There is a German influence in the menu, but there are many other choices. I enjoyed the sea bass. What makes the evening an experience is the beautiful, relaxed, unhurried atmosphere. There is a gracious space between the tables so you can converse in private. The staff is professional and attentive. You will enjoy!

2  Thank Patt P