“wunderbar”

The Williamsville Inn
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Williamsville Inn offers a culinary niche in the Berkshires "The Taste of Germany" Restaurant, with special signature dishes like Wiener Schnitzel or Westphalian Sauerbraten available the entire year. Menu is created and prepared by certified Master Chef Erhard Wendt.Everything else on the menu changes seasonally. We only use organic produce either from our own gardens or local farm. Specialties can also be pre-ordered for dinner parties and special events. Gourmet specialties are also for sale by advance order at the Williamsville Inn or available at "Rubiner" in Great Barrington. Open Friday through Sunday in season and Friday and Saturday in the off season by advance reservation.Closed December 15 - January 15.
Reviewed 16 February 2015

The food was fantastic except for the choclate truffle which was a hard cup cake.. Service was not very good. The new guy seemed to be more interested in the fancy pants dining there. Waited a long time to get the tiny portion on desert. German food is the best and at 160 dollars for two your waiter should be a kline bit more than gute.

4  Thank Anthony S

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Considering the Chef is from Germany, why bother with American fare. The Sauerbraten was just spectacular. With the right mix of sour from the vinegar marinade to the richness of the beef, to its tenderness. A great balance of sour and sweet. Of course, there were the wonderful appetizers that preceded it. The chef's Country Pate is so rich and wonderful and full of flavor.

The crowning glory of the night was the apple strudel. So light it barely rested on the plate, but so full of flavor and that oh so flaky crust.

Portions are not small, so prepare to waddle back to your room.

The wine list is small, but well chosen. No big names, but that is not what is required here. Just wine that has been well paired with the food. It is also well priced, encouraging one to enhance dinner with a bottle.

But there were some shortcomings in service. Dirty plates were not quickly removed. Our amuse bouch dish remained on the table well into the main course. Also, used silverware was not replaced. Since there is not separate pieces for appetizer and main course, I would expect my silver to be replaced after finishing my appetizer.

1  Thank Ryewit
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Superb ingredients, friendly service and wonderful recipes make for an overall excellent dining experience. We celebrated our anniversary with dinner at the Williamsville Inn and it was one to remember. We especially loved the soups and the wiener schnitzel.

1  Thank sonhomeu
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Let's not get ecstatic. For most of my fellow Americans, who consider a tv dinner good food, this is top notch eatery. And don't get me wrong, I am not trying to diminish culinary talents of chef Erhard. Everything was delicious, but as in most cases, one insignificant detail can ruin the evening. I am talking about wine, my date ordered glass of Riesling, which came filled just below mid-line, and I am not talking about gigantic wine glasses that yield entire bottle, no, this was normal 8 oz. glass. And it was not an expensive wine either, it retails for $14-16 bottle ( I owned a liquor store in the past). So at $12 for glass I expected a full one, and when I mentioned it to waitress she replied "that's how it served".

Kandy W, Owner at The Williamsville Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

As the owner of the Williamsville Inn & The Taste of Germany Restaurant, I'm always present in the dining room and ask guests if everything is fine. Nothing was mentioned when I went to the table, actually several times, so I regret that that glass of wine made them so unhappy to post a review instead of mentioning it to me or Chef Erhard. If the glass was not filled up correctly this would have been an easy fix to correct, especially as they enjoyed their dinner so much and making people happy is paramount to us. Their entire experience would have been so different if they had just said a word.

Reviewed 23 November 2012

The Williamsville inn in WestStockbridge ma, has been around for for decades. New ownership about 10 years ago have created a real gem. While I have never stayed at the inn I have dined ther regularly. An elegant dining area over looking master chef Erhard's kitchen through glass, is adjacent to the century old sitting room.

The food is excellent. Although a limited menu of 8-10 items, the munue changes regularly so each visit offers another interesting choice. In a recent visit for a birthday celebration one guest reved about the fresh roast duck he ordered, while another shared his veal shank and another their wonderful samon. This will be a repeat in a few months.

1  Thank mgbdiver