“Staff try to be helpful.”
Review of Yarmouth Resort

Yarmouth Resort
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Reviewed 10 October 2017

I requested a handicapped room and found there was one step to enter the room except through the lobby which closes at 8 PM. If you are in a wheel chair, get back early. Luckily I use a walker or a cane for short distances so I was able to hold on to the door jamb and step up. The bathroom was great, shower wonderful, but they need to lower the shower curtain to prevent the water from running onto the floor. My biggest complaint was the Wi-Fi. We go out during the day and I enjoy using my computer in the evening. Couldn't get Wi-Fi in the room. Was told that there was a lot of people staying there and due to the demand for the internet, it wasn't always possible to get on. I even tried at 4:00 AM and still couldn't get on. Frustrating!!!. Called the desk frequently to report this and was told to keep trying. On the second day, they had me bring the computer to the desk and they would reboot the router and try again.. Worked perfectly in the lobby, went back to the room and once again....no internet. There was a sofa and desk at the parking lot entrance, literally adjacent to our room. Tried it there and it worked again. Stayed a while and finished what I needed to do. The problem was there was no privacy with people constantly walking and looking. Finished my work and went back to our room. Some hotels advertise free wi-fi in common areas and you can appreciate that. But when they advertise free wi-fi throughout, you expect it to there.. We had originally scheduled a 3 night stay, but after the second night we decided to leave early and go home. We asked for a refund for the third night and at first was told they couldn't do that. After my husband said we would be writing a bad review, the manager relented and gave us a refund as well as a discount card and free upgrade for our next visit. I do not feel we will be returning there. They also offered us an upgrade then, but they really couldn't guarantee the wi-fi in the room. We had already packed up and were not about to unpack again for one night. To be fair, the staff was ready too help, but couldn't. The room was very dated, but clean. The bed was very comfortable and the room was a good size.. A coffee maker and microwave would have been nice. Outside lights by the rooms would have been helpful too.

Room Tip: The quieter area is in the back
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank seansmom028

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

This is not an awesome hotel in terms of luxury. It is dated and the rooms could use some love. But the rooms are a good size and are clean, the indoor pool is fine and the staff are very nice and accommodating. There is also free WiFi and a place to get a cup of coffee in the lobby. Calling this place a Resort is a stretch, but it’s a decent place to lay your head for a couple of nights.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank AMHarvie
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Good things:
Clean and spacious room fridge and microwave, provided along with coffee maker.
Full selection of complimentary toiletries and great shower.
Very comfy beds!
Excellent wifi.

Not so good:
The exterior doors could do with painting/replacing as it looks a bit grim from the outside.
A coat of paint inside to brighten it up would also be good.

Would stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tessla
Reviewed 28 September 2017

The rooms are out-dated but clean. our shower base was crack but cover with bath mat, so we use it any way. we stayed there for 2 nights as we were looking for not too expensive motel/hotel. The price in their web site was different from what I got on the phone due to mistake but the honor the web site price that was lower in 20$ - I like it and I felt comfortable to do the reservation with them. There is indoor pool, spa and towels that are open until 11am that is nice to relax in as after long day of walking. There is no breakfast but there is coffee on the house and microwave if you want to heat anything. also there is small fridge in your room that is great specially in the summer. overall it was nice for the price.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Yarmouth Resort has a great staff, helpful and friendly. Rooms were really nice and clean. Best shower in a hotel that I've ever had. Indoor & outdoor pool. Close to restaurants and beaches and a restaurant right next door!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1.2 km away
Tidewater Inn
Tidewater Inn
#13 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Yarmouth Resort? Share your experiences!