Book now, pay at stay
US$85
Castle Dawn Motel(West Yarmouth)
Book now, pay at stay
US$79
Howard Johnson by Wyndham Cape Cod Area(West Yarmouth)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$105
Econo Lodge(West Yarmouth)
US$81
EconoLodge
Mariner Motor Lodge(West Yarmouth)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$184
US$103
Hotwire.com
Cape Cod Family Resort(West Yarmouth)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$209
US$203
Hotwire.com
Hunters Green Motel(West Yarmouth)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$89
US$87
Hotels.com
US$246
Bayside Resort Hotel(West Yarmouth)
US$270
US$250
Priceline
All reviewshelen's dinercape codindoor pooloff seasonhot tubbreakfast restaurantbit datedking roomrooms are cleanflat screenmini fridgecoffee makermini golfshort drivevioletgeeseplayground
Reviewed 6 August 2017

My family of four - myself, wife, and two sons, ages 19 and 23 - stayed at the Tidewater Inn while in Cape Cod in July of 2017. We travel a lot, and spent three nights at the Tidewater.

I have one overriding demand: I expect the hotels I stay at to be clean and comfortable. I don't ask for much else as our time in the hotel is largely confined to it being a place to sleep... Age is irrelevant to me; in fact, I somewhat fancy the old-style hotels that harken back to the 60's and 70's.

The Tidewater met our needs...it is an older facility - you knew this from the start, when you received a real key to open the door, instead of the modern magnetic card key. The room wasn't fancy, but it was clean and the beds were comfortable. We had to ask for some extra pillows, but they were provided without any issue. The TV worked (we like to unwind by watching a little TV before bed) and the bathroom was adequate.

The bathroom was very small, and a bit antiquated, but again, it met our needs! For goodness sake, I'm not intending to spend more time in the bathroom than necessary!!

The only real criticism I have for the room was this: Today, you simply need more AC outlets. Everyone in the family has a cell phone to charge and there just aren't many outlets in the room. That could easily be rectified without any major electrical work... We tend to use my cell phone as our alarm clock, and I had to plug it in across the room near the sink..... (of course, maybe that wasn't so bad...after all, I had to get up to go turn it off, which maybe ensured I stayed up!)

Sorry - for those of you who are used to a free continental breakfast like you'd get at one of the Marriott chain hotels or Choicehotel facilities - there's no free breakfast. There is, however, an onsite restaurant that has very good breakfasts. It has a "50's Diner" décor and the food was excellent.

The hotel itself is on the main road in town, which means it's easy to find and easy access to a number of attractions / restaurants / etc. Hyannis is five minutes away one direction, and Yarmuth is a short drive to the East. There are a number of eateries along the main street, and a couple of miniature golf courses close by for some late-evening fun (including a very good one, Putters Paradise, right next door.

All in all, I recommend The Tidewater. It was a very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: The hotel is a two story hotel, but I didn't see elevators. Ask for a first floor room if you can.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2017

This is an old fashioned type motel setting with keys for the rooms but I had no issues with the lock and felt secure. Room was on ground floor, is a little dated and I did hear some noise from room above. Had a huge sink with lots of room for toiletries. Bed wasn't bad but I did not have a coffee maker. My toilet did overflow when flushed and I had to shut the water off because it was running all over the bathroom floor and carpet. Went to the diner next door for breakfast. It was OK but you have to mention that you are staying at this place because they're supposed to give you 10% off your check and the cashier didn't do that even though I showed him my key. Would probably stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Room #54 was really one of the worst hotel experiences of my life. I've never written a poor review. They were booked completely full when we arrived, so despite having a reservation, we really had to either take the room we were offered or sleep in our van. Believe it or not, our 14 yr. old daughter begged for permission to sleep in the van an hour into our stay. We couldn't sleep!!! It was a nightmare, because I had to drive eight hours home the next day on no sleep. Here are the problems we encountered:
(1) HORRIBLE odor in the room. Windows were painted shut, so we couldn't even open them/turn the fan on. What did it smell like? I don't know. Maybe wet carpet? Something really, really musty.
(2) With no exaggeration, we could literally hear every word the people were saying in the next room. And they were doing their best to be quiet. Two little boys giggling/the mom most probably feeling embarrassed and telling them to go to sleep.
With taxes, we were charged $114 total. The night before we stayed in a Hampton. Yes, we paid $144, BUT we had a two queen suite (Tidewater is double beds) and a great breakfast included.
So maybe we just got an old room? The reviews looked decent so we went for it. To give them credit, the outside of the property is immaculate. Very neat and clean. Good thing, because we also had to walk around the building to get wifi :( Maybe ask for an updated room if you're going to take a chance? Hope this review helps.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank justwondering115
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We try a different motel each year for our first night on the cap.
Clean spacious rooms, smallish bathroom, very comfortable bed.
The only complaint was the small refrig was very noisey when it cycled. I am sure thay corrected.
One surprise was the 50s era "donut shop". It server up a very gpod and reasonable breakfast. And, unlike every other breakfast stop on rte 28, no wait.

I highly recommend this motel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Fred S
Reviewed 25 July 2017

The Tidewater Inn Staff is amazing. I checked in for a 3 night stay with my service dog. They were extremely kind to both myself and my dog. Property is clean, well maintained outdoor areas. The breakfast/lunch dinner is so much fun and food is fantastic.

Room Tip: The jacuzzi rooms are nice. A huge two person jacuzzi.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo