Westport Camping Grounds
Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport(Westport)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$103
US$94
US$110
US$104
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 September 2015

Just returned from our first camping trip at WCG & we were impressed! As the title indicates, there are no frills here, so if you are looking for pools, bingo halls & snack bars this is not the campground for you. If however you are looking for a clean, quiet place to kick back & relax, WCG is it. The staff is not only super friendly, but also very helpful (they even helped us back our trailer into the site). We also felt very safe throughout our 3 day stay. The staff helped provide that safe atmosphere; we frequently saw them cruising the campground on golf carts but never felt like they were intruding on our privacy. Fellow campers were also very friendly and I can see why folks would decide to camp here for the season. The entire place has a neighborhood feel about it. Since the campground hosts mostly seasonal RVs, we never had to wait to use the bathroom or shower. The ladies room was very clean, housing 4 stalls & 2 showers. Sites with water & electric are very reasonably priced & firewood can be purchased at the camp store & is delivered right to your site. Location is close to the highway & there is a larger market within walking distance of the campground if you forget any essentials. They are also dog-friendly & have free wi-fi.

Room Tip: Site #97 was close to the bathroom & adjacent to a foot path to the upper sites.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Martyc2Westport, Manager at Westport Camping Grounds, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2015

Thank you for the wonderful reviews! I am the manager and son of the owner. We are a family run business with two sisters who work the office as well. I am so happy to hear campers comment that Westport Campgrounds boasts superb, friendly service. We strive to help our campers in any way possible. We are, indeed, a "no frills" campground, and designed that way. In an effort to allow our campers to experience camping as it should be, in peace and quiet, and minimal amenities. There is a niche group of campers who enjoy this "back to nature" camping experience and we welcome them. We also strive to be clean...on the grounds and in our restrooms... and if there is a problem, we will respond to address it immediately. We work hard here to make sure your stay is safe, enjoyable, and comfortable.

Reviewed 19 July 2015

Go to their website and view the video presented by owner Martin. We met Martin on check-in and he is just as personable. They are moving toward having this a seasonal only campground, but there are a few sites for casual travelers like we were. We used this campground as a base to go out to the Cape and into Newport (about 45 minutes to Newport, and depending on where on the cape -- midway is about 1+ hour).Our site was clean, on a corner. Had we wished to have had a campfire on any night, the street light on the corner where we were, would have taken away any ambience of a campfire. It is a quiet campground -- the town where it's located is very pleasant and quiet. Not too far is highway area with choice of many stores, restaurants, etc. The location really suited our needs and it was perfectly fine place to stay with our camper. Will just mention - though no fault of the campground, is that we just hit it at a time when these creepy catepillars were hatching and they were literally falling out of the trees and covered the ground. Needless to say, we did not have a campfire any night, nor did we cook out or eat outside our camper for any of the nights we were there. It would have been much more pleasant without those little critters, but as I say, not the fault of the campground.

Room Tip: Ask for a campsite away from street lights.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Diane H
Reviewed 9 July 2015

It's a little hard to find as GPS is not true. It is on County Road not Country Rd. We stopped and asked directions. If you are staying seek high ground. We had a storm that surrounded us on site 90. It was scary for a while. Rates were fine and folks in the office helpful. If we need to be in Fall River again we will stay at this campground.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2015

This is not your resort camping grounds. However, they are not intending them to be either. Westport camping grounds is a great destination if you are wanting a friendly park with large sites and easy access. Very wooded and natural with clean facilities.

I rate then 5 stars because the people are fantastic, the store had an interesting selection of item for sale an they were more than accommodating while we were there working at the Madiera Portuguese festival in New Bedford.

So if you want to relax with the family, play some frisbee or sight see around southeastern Massachusetts, this is a fantastic option.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Glenn M
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Ok I’ll admit it … We are new at camping, so we don’t have a lot to compare the Westport Camping Grounds experience to in the way of other campgrounds. But, I know a good thing when I have found one, so I feel very confident in writing this review. Last year, my husband, our two 20+ year-old children, one with autism, and I decided to buy an old, 21-foot Minnie Winnie, and take a chance on bringing it to Westport, so we could stay in our own place near family, and the most beautiful beaches on the East Coast.

From the moment I contacted Martin Costa (our host and owner at WCG) I knew we had made the right choice. Martin not only helped us through the initial “ins and outs” of camper ownership, he also made us feel at home. After a few trips to the camp to pick out our site, Martin patiently walked us through the process. When summer finally arrived we headed down! My husband away, Maggie, the special kid, and I drove the camper down. It was my first time on the rode in a BIG RIG. Once at the entrance, I was relieved and fully impressed by what we found: a nice little store, new signs, pretty flowers, and big welcome owl at the entrance. It was our first glimpse of what great fun was to come. Instantly through the gate, Martin was there like a knight in shining armor to meet us on his trusty golf cart, guiding us right into our spot. He helped hook us up (I had no idea what to do), and with-in a matter of minutes, we were “at our beloved summer home.” Maggie’s first order of business was “wi-fi” which Martin helped us connect. He introduced us to our new neighbors, and we became quick friends. Throughout the summer, Martin and his faithful crew; kept nice clean showers and restrooms, cut and trimmed the grounds, and just plain made us feel important and valued.

Last summer was the BEST my family has ever had! Some of our friends from the “North” also drove their campers down to join in the fun because we loved it so much. They are now frequent visitors as well, falling in love with WCG.

This year (2014) will be our second summer at WCG. We are hooked on camping, s’mores, beautiful summer cookouts, fun nights beside the fire s we have upgraded to a modern 30’ trailer! There is no question that we plan on spending every minute possible at WCG this year. We thoroughly love the quiet, natural surroundings, and safe private campsites, and mostly our new family and the close proximity to all of the things we love about Westport.

If you would like to join us at WCG you better hurry because we are trying to get all of our friends and family to get seasonal spots just like us. I know this sounds corny, but coming to WCG has changed our lives. We are truly blessed to call Martin Costa our friend. We have finally found a special place that we call our own slice of heaven. Thank you so much Martin! You know we love you.

Sallie, Jon, Jonathan and Maggie