“Lots of space and good facilities ”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westport
Westport Camping Grounds
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with a friend in the middle of July, the camping area is surrounded by lovely estate grounds. It is quite a walk into town but it's a good way to see the local area and take in the surroundings. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the prices were reasonable. If I am camping in Westport I would definitely go back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

My family and I were wrongly discriminated by Westport Camping Grounds due to the fact that we have children. I made reservations to stay here for a month with my family and when my husband went down to pay was told by the owner we could not stay there. I called and spoke with him and he gave me every excuse in the book...First he said that it would get to cold to camp with children in a tent and that though kids can stay it's more of an adult park and if they get bored he doesn't want them screaming around other people. Then he told me well if you buy a pop up then you can stay. Lastly he then tells me because we have no car that Westport by-law states you can't camp without a car. I checked in with the Westport town hall and there is no such by-law in Westport. I will be reporting this to the better business bureau. I will also be posting on all social media about how wrongly we were treated. I loved camping as a kid with my family and my husband and I love nature...We were really looking forward to spending this summer camping with our girls to share with them how rewarding and peaceful it is to get back to nature as god intended. I am beyond hurt with this situation and was even more dissapointed when we had to tell the kids no camping this year. It shouldn't matter how we camp tent or trailer and it should not matter how long we choose to camp as long as we follow the rules of the campground and pay the money to stay there.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
7  Thank KellieSue76
Reviewed 22 February 2016 via mobile

A very nice quiet campground for adults.
I have been a seasonal camper there for four years going to make it five this year 2016!
Have made a lot of new friends over the years.
The campground also has a gated entrance which is nice.
Also Brad the campers host is available 24/7 if you need anything.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank WendyMarkD
Reviewed 10 September 2015

Just returned from our first camping trip at WCG & we were impressed! As the title indicates, there are no frills here, so if you are looking for pools, bingo halls & snack bars this is not the campground for you. If however you are looking for a clean, quiet place to kick back & relax, WCG is it. The staff is not only super friendly, but also very helpful (they even helped us back our trailer into the site). We also felt very safe throughout our 3 day stay. The staff helped provide that safe atmosphere; we frequently saw them cruising the campground on golf carts but never felt like they were intruding on our privacy. Fellow campers were also very friendly and I can see why folks would decide to camp here for the season. The entire place has a neighborhood feel about it. Since the campground hosts mostly seasonal RVs, we never had to wait to use the bathroom or shower. The ladies room was very clean, housing 4 stalls & 2 showers. Sites with water & electric are very reasonably priced & firewood can be purchased at the camp store & is delivered right to your site. Location is close to the highway & there is a larger market within walking distance of the campground if you forget any essentials. They are also dog-friendly & have free wi-fi.

Room Tip: Site #97 was close to the bathroom & adjacent to a foot path to the upper sites.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Martyc2Westport, Manager at Westport Camping Grounds, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2015

Thank you for the wonderful reviews! I am the manager and son of the owner. We are a family run business with two sisters who work the office as well. I am so happy to hear campers comment that Westport Campgrounds boasts superb, friendly service. We strive to help our campers in any way possible. We are, indeed, a "no frills" campground, and designed that way. In an effort to allow our campers to experience camping as it should be, in peace and quiet, and minimal amenities. There is a niche group of campers who enjoy this "back to nature" camping experience and we welcome them. We also strive to be clean...on the grounds and in our restrooms... and if there is a problem, we will respond to address it immediately. We work hard here to make sure your stay is safe, enjoyable, and comfortable.

Reviewed 19 July 2015

Go to their website and view the video presented by owner Martin. We met Martin on check-in and he is just as personable. They are moving toward having this a seasonal only campground, but there are a few sites for casual travelers like we were. We used this campground as a base to go out to the Cape and into Newport (about 45 minutes to Newport, and depending on where on the cape -- midway is about 1+ hour).Our site was clean, on a corner. Had we wished to have had a campfire on any night, the street light on the corner where we were, would have taken away any ambience of a campfire. It is a quiet campground -- the town where it's located is very pleasant and quiet. Not too far is highway area with choice of many stores, restaurants, etc. The location really suited our needs and it was perfectly fine place to stay with our camper. Will just mention - though no fault of the campground, is that we just hit it at a time when these creepy catepillars were hatching and they were literally falling out of the trees and covered the ground. Needless to say, we did not have a campfire any night, nor did we cook out or eat outside our camper for any of the nights we were there. It would have been much more pleasant without those little critters, but as I say, not the fault of the campground.

Room Tip: Ask for a campsite away from street lights.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Diane H

Been to Westport Camping Grounds? Share your experiences!