“what a complete meal”

Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Whately
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Somebody told me about this place three years ago and every time I'm in the area,it's a must.They start off with and appetizer of fresh carrots,sliced cucumber and black olives with celery pieces in a delicious oil based dressing.You then have a choice of dinner entrees that are accompanied by choice of potatoe and vegetable of the day.This meal also comes with rolls andbutter,salad and personal appetizer.They end it with a choice of a variety of desserts.Add a couple of cocktails and a beer or two and it's aperfect dinner.I went with one other family member and we got all of this for 80 bucks.And ladies you get a fresh cut rose when you leave.

1  Thank Michael F

Reviewed 22 October 2017

only get to visit occasionally, met with 5 couples for a " remember when" dinner. Still old country inn charm. Very good, not great food, very good service for our group. Lots of different entrees ordered, and not one complaint! Still a popular choice for reunions, anniversaries, b'days. From appetizer through to dessert, lots of food. No one left hungry.

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Had a wonderful stuffed lobster dinner at the Whately Inn. The service was the best and the size of my lobster was unbelievable. Their butternut squash was the best I have had. The cholocate cheese cake was great. If you are ever in this area this is the place to have a meal.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Terrible food, rude staff and a dirty restaurant. I tried it three times because people kept telling me how wonderful it is. The 1 1/2 lb lobster was a less than 1 lb "chicken " lobster. When I complained about the food the last time I went I was told that this is a country inn and perhaps I didn't understand what that meant. I eat out twice a day 7 days a week at both casual and high end restaurants and found their attitude condescending and offensive
When you see this place, keep driving!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

My husband chose this restaurant for our 10th anniversary. What an awesome job he did! We arrived early for our reservation and decided to sit at the bar for a couple of cocktails. Bar area is cozy and bartenders attentive. Once seated at our table, the restaurant itself is not large, but quaint and not terribly loud at all. Our waitress, Tammy super sweet and very attentive. The food just kept coming and coming. Every morsel was delicious. I love eating at a restaurant with real cloth napkins and proper table settings. We will not wait for a special occasion to visit again.
I would recommend to everyone.