All reviewscommon kitchenlogan airportdowntown bostonhi tideorient heightscommunity kitchendeer islandfull kitchenflight pathmain buildingno elevatorcity skylineupdated bathroomthird floorclose to the airportocean viewgreat view of boston
Reviewed 2 July 2018

Stayed here while we were moving our daughter into Winthrop. This is a true New England sea town inn with a charming feel. We were well greeted at the desk, and given old fashioned keys to our building and our room. We requested a room with a full (queen) bed and a balcony with the best view possible. They gave us the third floor in the main building, and our room had cathedral ceilings, high windows, and a fantastic view of the sea and city beyond. The third floor is very hot, and you cannot control your own air conditioning, so be sure to ask the desk to adjust the temp. while they are there. They leave at 11pm, and we were lucky enough to catch them later because they came to help another guest, but the heat would have been very uncomfortable if we hadn't.

The main building rooms don't have coffee makers, but on the second floor, you'll find a beautiful common area with a fridge, coffee maker, ice, huge dining room table, seating area, and balcony. You can even order takeout and eat in this space very comfortably.

The pool looked cool and very clean, and there is a lot of seating and even a small, green lawn there.

I noticed many guests arriving and departing from the airport and bars in cabs and Ubers, so I don't think transportation is a problem at all (they were all very quiet and the clientele is quiet and respectful in general.) There is a beautiful walk/run/bike route starting across the street and meandering along marinas, public docks, and beaches. Also, there are a lot of places to eat and drink nearby. I will also note that the desk accommodated our Uhaul trailer in an extra space, which is something you may need to know if you're unsure about whether or not parking would be a problem if you're moving.

This place was clean, friendly, and the location was just beautiful! We will be back!

Room Tip: The views are great - the higher up the better - but make sure your room temp. is satisfactory before 11pm!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laurie D
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed in 103 for one night earlier this month and although the hotel claims they are not dog friendly, I clearly heard and saw the night manager in the next room with a Pomeranian type dog. Tell me... Why the double standard? Why should I have to leave my dog at home if the building is not dog friendly??? Sounds one sided to me!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Flyod666
crystalcove600, Owner at The Inn at Crystal Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

We accept "Legitimate" Service Dogs only. Our onsite manager has a full size apartment at the inn. We can control what type of dog the manager is allowed (teeny tiny) in the apartment, but we can not control what type of dog a potential guest would bring into an overnight room.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I spent 2 nights at the Crystal Cove, after doing my research. This is not a B&B, but is a sort of different facility. Our room was not huge, but was well appointed, the bathroom and shower were extremely clean and modern. Good internet and cable TV with a fine TV. The standout features had to be the sitting areas and the incredible kitchen. This is a shared facility with commercial quality appliances which is outstanding. Many restaurants are close by, should that be what you prefer. The grounds overlook the harbor, and provide incredible sunset views.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan P
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and I can’t rate it highly enough!
It has fantastic views of Boston and is in an excellent location.. getting into Boston was easy as there is a bus that stops right outside that takes you to the train.. you can be in Boston within 30 minutes..
The room itself was lovely.. small but adequate for our needs.. the pool and the seats outside were fab as we sat out on a night with a lovely drink..
The staff here were very helpful and let us check in early as we had arrived earlier than planned..there are also lovely restaurants and a wine shop 5 minutes down the road...
I would recommend this place for a stay in Boston... you get the quiet living right next to a busy city..

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank Juliep1975
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Marvellous location for this inn. You wake up to the sunrise over Boston from the lounge area. Very clean and modern inn and friendly staff. Pool area little disappointing as it looked as if the pool needed cleaning.
If you come here visit you must visit the local diner hi-tide for breakfast!
Easy bus and train from right outside the inn. The town of Winthrop is not to be missed.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
crystalcove600, Owner at The Inn at Crystal Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Dear gorgeous views, Our outdoor pool is cleaned daily. When you stayed in May, the pool would just have just started to be opened after a long hard winter in New England, and is quite an extensive process to get it up and running for the season. Thank you.