“Amazing seafood!”
Review of Herbie's

Herbie's
Ranked #34 of 589 Restaurants in Worcester
Reviewed 17 November 2017

A friend brought me here 3 times now and I am looking forward to returning! Their seafood is awesome and fresh! I had the first lobster roll that I actually enjoyed! No mayo, fillers-celery, warm butter on the side. A Must try!
Some staff are better than others, but you will find that almost every where..

Reviewed 22 October 2017

This early Saturday evening, we went specifically for their lobster rolls and were not disappointed. I asked for both mayo and melted butter on the side and both were delivered with my meal. While the rolls certainly were overflowing with lobster meat (claw and knuckle meat only, as we like it), they did not contain a half pound of meat as had been previously reported. I’d say it was about a third pound, maybe a bit more, but definitely not a half pound. But at $11.95, who can complain? It’s the best deal around for a very respectable lobster roll. However, they were very messy to eat and we both used our forks to work our way through them. The accompanying sweet potato fries were hot and delicious, the slaw fresh and tasty, as always.

Herbie’s was really hopping and the service this time was, understandably, a bit slower than it was during our last visit. We found it necessary to sit at a small table for two in the bar area this time as every single table in the “dining room” was occupied upon our arrival.

We’ll return to sample more of Herbie’s fare soon. On their Saturday’s Specials menu, we noticed a number of other tempting entrees, including baby back ribs (a half rack for $6.95, including sides---what a deal!). While we were waiting for our meals, we couldn’t help but notice a woman sitting at the bar enjoying a plate of these. Sis was curious so she approached her before she left to ask how they were. Her answer was quite positive and I’m sure one of us will be ordering them should we find them on the menu again. On a slightly negative note, we wish Herbie’s had some sort of dessert, even if not house made. I am also disappointed that they offer only Polar brand carbonated beverages---I’m not at all a fan of Polar products, so I ended up ordering a Snapple iced tea.

All in all, we love Herbie’s and their dive atmosphere. We think Guy Fieri should make a visit here for his Triple D show.

1  Thank lynninma
Reviewed 22 October 2017

The Food and Drinks are Great!!! The prices can't be beat. The nice thing is the specials menu has 25 plus options so you always have options.

Sometimes you have to wait but i have never had a bad meal at Herbies.

It's a BAR not a fancy resturant but I take my kids there. they are kid friendly.

1  Thank Billy B
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Although the food and prices are good at Herbie's, service has reached an all time low. A friend and I entered the restaurant at 2:15 on a Tuesday afternoon. 4 tables in that section had not been bussed and we were told "it's going to be a while" unless we wanted to sit on the other side - which we did. 25 minutes later a couple that entered after us was half way through their lunch and we had to stare down/wave down a waitress who told us we weren't "her table." She reluctantly took our drink order and eventually our food order. No apology. Nothing. Zero personality. My aunt had been the previous week at a slower time and had a similar experience. Their waitress was actually spending more time talking than tending to her customers. I will NOT be back any time soon. Absolutely appalling way to treat customers. Guess you have to be a "regular" to get taken care of.

2  Thank Karen8Worc
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Hubby and I were there last year, we got the Lobster Roll dinner to go - ( it was very busy we were very tired) well worth the wait which wasn't long , was offered a drink while we wait - got chatting with the waitresses and learned more about the place. So far the BEST lobster rolls we have had in the New England area!! We could not remember the name as we wanted to go back but with a little sleuthing (LOL) we found it .....We loved them so much we will be going back in two weeks to hopefully sit and have a meal! Cant wait!!