“Amazing!!”

Piccolo's Italian Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccolo's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 586 Restaurants in Worcester
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Plum Street
Reviewed 9 March 2016

I love eating here! The food is great and so is the service. Love the atmosphere, always feel welcome. Every time I go, I get trapped til closing..wonderful time every time. John is great!

1  Thank sasha M

Reviewed 29 February 2016 via mobile

Scheduled on OpenTable very last minute prior to the Garth Brooks concert Sat night. Surprisingly authentic Italian cuisine! Even my Italian food snob hubby was impressed. The appetizer of flatbread was phenomenal, hot and fresh. Our entrees were outstanding - though we felt very rushed eating them- it's not a place to hurry through your meal as everything is literally made to order. I'd highly recommend!

1  Thank Teresa G
Reviewed 28 February 2016

This was our first time here, and Piccolo's deserves a 3.5 rating, but we just couldn't make it a 4. It was a busy Saturday night, though we were seated very close to our reservation time. Bread and oil arrived promptly though neither was particularly good. The waiter did not ask if we wanted water, but we did flag him down and he brought two glasses in reasonably short order. As we heard the portions were large, we ordered our entrees, which didn't arrive until about 35 minutes later. When it finally arrived, we were pleasantly surprised as to how good the food was. The raviolis in vodka sauce were exxcellent, and the Pesce Piccolomondo (similar to a cioppino) was also quite good. The seafood was actually nicely cooked, tasted fresh and provided in an abundant quantity. The Yukon potatoes were uninteresting and not particularly tasty. I think that rice would offer a better compliment to this dish (rice could be served in a separate bowl and added to the stew at the table). One important note, though both dishes arrived "warm", they were not hot. The ambiance reminded us of an old fashioned neighborhood restaurant, with dark walls and a tin ceiling. It was busy and loud, not the easiest place to have a conversation. Only on street parking is available, not so easy on a Saturday night Shrewsbury Street. We will try this place again, but on a slower week night.

Reviewed 3 February 2016

This is a great neighborhood bar and restaurant. You are guaranteed a warm welcome and consistently great food.

Reviewed 9 January 2016 via mobile

I went on Friday, 01/08, at 18:00. I sat at the bar that had 3 people drinking and 1 couple dining. The bar was staffed by 2 women.
I selected a special, Pappardelle Bolognese, which was very bland tasting. It had none of the flavors, or depth of flavors, of a long cooked sauce (ragu). My next disappointment was in the dessert offerings - they had no Italian desserts! No tiramisu, no cannoli, not even cookies!
The service started out nicely with a friendly greeting and a prompt food and wine menus but quickly deteriorated, to the point, that, my server had her back to all of us so she could text without us seeing her.
The noise level is very high in the front part of the restaurant as the bar and front dining area have no physical separation.
It's been almost 10 years since my last disappointing visit and I see no reason to visit soon again.

1  Thank kamikazekiddo