All reviews downtown battle creek french toast room was clean and comfortable jamie conference privileges championship
Reviewed 24 July 2017

If I had realized that I could stay at a Hampton at the edge of town, I would have, but this I thought was my only option other than the Baymont which is not fun.
First off, you have to pay for parking. Kind of irksome. The lot right next to the hotel is $10 valet parking. In hindsight, its worth doing even if you feel like its a ripoff. I went around the block and parked in the garage which they suggested and then its a very long schelp through the convention center or whatever it is.
Room was nice. No outlets on the desk which was weird. Or at least none that I could find.
EVerything worked, no problems. Just a long walk to Starbucks in the morning.
When I went to check out, they could not give me a bill. They promised to email it. I never got it. Called, sat on hold for fifteen minutes and still have not gotten it. Its not in my spam. A little annoying.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank CSSnowshoer
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We do our best to avoid staying in older hotels. However, when you arrive in an area where there is a big event going on & most hotels are sold out, your choices are limited.

Had it not been close to midnight, we wouldn't have stayed here.

Front desk staff was very welcoming.
There was a slight oder when you first entered.
The rooms were very basic..... not updated at all!
At check-out 9am, I'm glad I checked the receipt because they charged us for valet parking. The lot was full & we parked off the property hoping the vehicle would be there in the morning.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank EmpireKay
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Except the bellman. He was the only to be welcoming.

Decor is worn. Front desk staff would rather be elsewhere, preferably not working.

Only bright spot is that the hotel is conveniently located to walk to some restaurants and bars. There is also a Starbucks downstairs.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank StuckOnTravels
Reviewed 17 July 2017

I realize hotels are limited in Battle Creek but we reserved a room with two queen beds on an upper floor away from the elevator more than two months before our arrival through a third party. Thank goodness we did as a baseball tournament took up the majority of the hotels in BC. When we arrived I was told there were no rooms with two queen beds available. NOT acceptable as we were traveling with my son. The place was completely overrun with teenage baseball tournament players. They offered us an "executive suite" which was unbelievably smaller than a regular room but had a dorm refrigerator as a "bonus"! We could not possibly fit a roll away bed in the room given it's size and shape so we complained. Miraculously a two bedroom suite became available but it was on a lower floor next to the elevator contrary to my prepaid reservation! I realize this place was swamped with kids and things happen and they graciously offered to discount my room by 30% which I felt was fair. Unfortunately upon check out they would NOT honor this discount. Wrong answer!! Apparently their excuse is I booked through a third party however they knew this when they made the offer in the first place -- totally sketch. I have complained through my third party booking source and have yet to hear back. After the first night with kids screaming, running up and down the halls, bouncing balls off the walls for hours I had had it. It took two phone calls after 11:00 p.m. to address this situation.

As to the facilities themselves can you say "80's redux?" Badly in need of a refresh with more quality finishes. At least the rooms were clean and cleaning staff accommodating. Overall the place seems old and tired. Thin doors, no exhaust fans in the bathroom, no mini refrig in the regular rooms, and terrible internet connectivity. They couldn't even get the "business center" computer to turn on much less print my boarding passes.

Really? Is this the best they can do for a quality room in BC? Particularly given the price they want to charge -- ridiculous!

Room tip: If you have to stay here get a high floor away from the elevator to avoid noise as the doors do NOTHING to add to any soundproofing
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ponygirl359
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here as it was our host hotel for AAA National Armwrestling Championships. The staff was very helpful in knowing where our meetings were and they gave good discounts for those staying in the hotel. The breakfast buffet was AMAZING! I'll can't post a pic of my food but the French toast was out of this world. The accommodations were perfect, equipped with a fridge and microwave. Something that helps us stay in our nutrition plan when traveling. I would definitely come back!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Management response:Responded 17 July 2017

Wow!

That's all we can say about all of the attendees and tournament organizers who picked us to Host the AAA National Armwrestling Championships. Everyone of my staff was raving about how much of a pleasure it was to serve all of the guests, and we most definitely would love to host each and every year that you guys would like to come back to Battle Creek.

Stay healthy, and keep winning so we can see you again for the next tournament!

Ryan Simmons