“Great Hotel; Quick Stay; Receptions; Even Weddings”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Battle Creek
Reviewed 28 September 2017

TL;DR – Super spacious, gorgeous rooms with a phenomenal staff and great list of amenities. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this hotel for the quick overnight stay, wedding reception or even ceremony, like we did.

My family, friends and I stayed in this hotel for several nights while we were preparing for and hosting our wedding over Labor Day weekend. This, obviously, was the location we used for our hotel block, but we also used this venue for our actual wedding ceremony and reception, which took place in the lobby and banquet halls, respectively.
My husband and I stayed in one of the two honeymoon suites, while my parents stayed in the other. It was very spacious, had a couch, sofa chair, several TVs, and a Jacuzzi. It simply had enough space for the whole wedding party and was gorgeous for photos. My parents’ suite was similar, though a little smaller. The other rooms in the hotel where our guests stayed were also very spacious, despite not being suites.
This hotel was recently renovated in 2017, and so everything was absolutely gorgeous. There is a complimentary breakfast in the morning that was great for the whole family, a pool and a small but versatile fitness center.
The lobby is a spacious area that we converted into the ceremony space, bringing in some drapes to section it off from the front desk and entrance. We also brought in chairs for people to sit in during the ceremony, and the hotel helped us move all of their furniture typically in the lobby to the side. The second floor looks out over the lobby, which gave a really great vantage point for the photographers. There are two banquet halls, one quite a bit larger than the other. We were able to seat 120 people and a 14x14 dance floor and 10x10 DJ area into the larger room, and a bar/photo booth/buffet area in the smaller room. The hotel also let us spill over into the lobby after they reset the furniture.
The hotel staff was so incredibly accommodating. I simply can’t say enough about the manager and staff. They were so attentive and willing to help in any way that they could (such as helping rearrange furniture, lending us things we forgot, etc.). Throughout the whole planning process, they were available, were able to answer questions and made things happen.
This hotel let us bring our own food/caterers, our own alcohol/bartenders, and allowed pets to stay in the rooms (and venture around with us, if they were trained). These three points were actually the main reasons we began looking into the hotel.
Overall, this was one of the best hotel experiences I’ve ever had, and I’m so glad I decided to have our wedding there.
All photos done by Analicia Honkanen at AnaliciaHonkanen.com

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Josh P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Thank you for the kind words. My team takes a lot of pride in their work. We hope to see your family again.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

What a "Hidden Gem" this QI! Everyone we encountered: Josh, the manager, housekeeping, maintenance, and the gentleman facilitating the breakfast area embody a Client Centered Philosophy. This crew is the BEST, collectively, we've ever experienced...hands DOWN!

Together, they are a well tuned machine, always ready and willing to accommodate the needs of every guest. While eating breakfast, we observed the gentleman quickly and efficiently keep the room clean, all food items stocked, while smiling, and engaging with the rest of us. He even took the time to explain to the little ones in the room the different areas of the pool and its depths! (He is sensational!)

Josh, I have listened to my friend sing your praises throughout the entire wedding planning process. Your attention and concern for the details, willingness to coordinate and offer your time was priceless, especially as they live hours away! Every step of the way you showed them that their experience was important to you as well. (From the first contact, to the many others that followed, even the quick drywall patch within hours of the ceremony, and working the extra hours to make sure the reception went well right to the end!)

YOU are truly a fantastic Captain of the Ship, modeling for your staff and clearly earning their respect.

The Other Stuff....the rooms were comfortable, priced right, beds super comfy, and I loved the comforter! Pool seemed to be enjoyed by the kids, breakfast was great: DIY waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and sausage gravy, fruit, pastries, toast, yogurt, cereal, and juice!

Perfectly located and close to so many opportunities! Right off 94. We would stay here and drive into Kalamazoo where one of our children stay because of the staff!

You guys ROCKED it!!

Thanks again for such a great weekend. Even the dogs were comfortable and happy!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review of our Quality Inn Battle Creek. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see your family again.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

I hate hotel stays as I worry the entire time about bugs. This hotel beds were clean. I checked mattresses. The bathrooms were small but workable for 4. The pool area was clean and always had towels. The breakfast was what you expect except the gentleman who was working in there was great, pleasant and quick to replace items or clean tables.Front desk was awesome. I hate dirty looking hallways and there halls were dark . The area is close to everything. I wish they would update a few things and clean up cigarette butts outside everyday. The price is right.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Josh P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Josh Ruth
Quality Inn
269-965-3201

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

This was a recently renovated hotel. Rooms are ok. Nothing special, but good for the price. The staff was awesome especially the breakfast guys (James and John I think). Ritz quality service for a 3 star hotel. Would stay here again just for the breakfast service.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We take great pride in our cleanliness and our breakfast. See you next time.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

I see many people bashed this place. But we're hotel veterans and being retired we're out 40 nights a year, every year and have seen it all. This is a very good place, especially for the money. Room was very spacious, clean, well decorated. Yes, the bathrooms are fairly small as they are at most Quality Inn's but not enough to disturb me. Very broad hallways and front lobby. Front desk clerk friendly and fun to interact with/ I don't see the negative here!! Not at all.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We will see you next time.