See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We paid $135 for a room in September, which I thought was overpriced but it was a charming little place with amazing breakfast. An old woman runs it and she cooks everything from scratch, which I liked. Her gingerbread cookies were the best I've ever had! We also had good company (2 couples) join us for breakfast, which is what I love about B&Bs, especially small ones like this. Definitely a special place but one the expensive side!

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kelsey M
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I hesitate to share this review, simply because I'd like to keep this secret all to myself. Mary makes each and every guest feel like family visiting for a wonderful, carefree lake vacation. Breakfast is homemade with love, rooms are delightful lakeside havens. We were fortunate to have the private balcony enjoying views of the beautiful bay at all times of the day. Each morning, Mary will give you her review of what's happening in the region, and it's obvious from her enthusiasm you'll have a first-rate stay in the Petoskey area. If you're a bed and breakfast aficionado, you'll love the decor and homey feel to this vintage home. If you've been meaning to try a B&B, this is one that will make you a believer.

Room tip: If you can't reserve the room with the spacious balcony, don't worry the other rooms are lovely, too, and the shared areas of the home have perfect views of the lake.
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eugenia P
Reviewed 18 February 2008

Run by two delightful sisters, Mary and Margaret. I truly felt like my mom was serving me breakfast. They were friendly, helpful and charming. The house is a beautiful Victorian covered with gingerbread and flowers. The bay is just a few steps away, and if you book the Victoria Room, you can sit on your private balcony and watch the water and the gorgeous sunsets. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in! Breakfast was scrumptious, and very filling. Reserved parking is provided, which is a must in Bay View. The central area of the Association (concert hall, post office, store, etc) is right across the road and up a small hill. The ladies even had tickets for the evening's concert for sale right at the house. One small thing...the only main road in the entire area is right outside, but we really didn't notice much noise at all.

Date of stay: May 2007