See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 September 2015

Mary Gruber herself is enough to make you want to stay here. I've never met a more helpful, sweet, friendly, flexible, kind, interesting, and classy inn keeper anywhere. She is a gem. Oh, by the way, the house and the breakfasts are great, too. But go there to meet Mary! You won't regret it, that I can promise.

Room Tip: Choose the one with the veranda -- if you can climb stairs.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Wonderful host, Mary! Old world Victorian beach house. Very pretty and nicely appointed. Close to historic cottages - well worth walking around and close to beach access. A bit noisy - can't be helped as it is on 31.

Room Tip: at the back will be quieter but not quiet. We were on the ground floor - lots of lovely light!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sailingannie
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Mary makes you feel at home. She is your loving mother, your loving grandmother, she is your best friend. We were two couples and had a wonderful time. Mary is informative, kind, wise, and welcoming. Her breakfasts are unique and delicious. She guided us to tasty restaurants and fun local experiences. You cannot miss this bed and breakfast! We are ready to book next year. Loved it, loved it, loved it. Mary rocks!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Karen M
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Stayed here over Labor Day with family in all four rooms. We were in Petoskey for my daughters wedding. Mary is one of a kind and certainly one of the nicest people we have ever met. Jumped right in and helped my wife with some wedding stuff, obviously the breakfast's she made were top notch, and her Granddaughter Megan was a sweetheart who helped with the serving and keeping my granddaughter company. I can't say enough good things about The Gingerbread House. Even if we don't stay there we will go and visit....wonderful people and a neat place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We paid $135 for a room in September, which I thought was overpriced but it was a charming little place with amazing breakfast. An old woman runs it and she cooks everything from scratch, which I liked. Her gingerbread cookies were the best I've ever had! We also had good company (2 couples) join us for breakfast, which is what I love about B&Bs, especially small ones like this. Definitely a special place but one the expensive side!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family