“Great Baby Back Ribs”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 July 2016

We heard good review so we decided to give it a shot. My wife had the Brussel sprouts for started and she loved it (the portion was a little big for an appetizers but no complains there. I had 6 oysters with a shallot vinegar dressing and it was great as well. We both decided to go for the baby back ribs rubbed in Michigan Maple sauce. The meat was lean and very tasty. We were unfortunately too stuffed to have dessert. My wife had a glass of Riesling Late Harvest, love it. I went with an IPA and it was great too. The staff was average, needed to follow up several time. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

This restaurant is good for lunch. Friendly service, inexpensive, good food. Grits with shrimps and hotdog is very tasteful. Go for lunch you will not regret.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

Three for dinner on a Saturday, arriving at 6:30, they accurately predicted a 30 minute wait. We hovered near the bar and got 2 seats, the wine list was OK, but their off-list special wines (a Cote d' Rhone and a Spanish white) were both excellent. We tried the warm potato chip appetizer with blue cheese and pancetta and it was much better than expected, we ate every last chip. The three of us ordered a fish special, the roasted chicken, and the meatloaf. No complaints, but nothing was really exceptional. Wait staff was OK, I was surprised when I ordered a second glass of wine and the waitress poured from a newly opened bottle straight into my used glass. Small points, but still, should have been a fresh glass... May go back if we are in the area. I'm told it is better for lunch, and for some reason the actually take reservations at lunch, but not at dinner.

Reviewed 24 June 2016

Went here for dinner with party of 10 had a great time. The waitstaff was wonderful even cracked jokes with us. Food was excellent and for the price we had leftovers to take back to our hotel. A great place.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

Husband and I were visiting from out of town and chose this mostly for its convenient location. We had just visited Cranbrook, which was lovely. We headed for a nice outdoor seating area, but due to rush hour traffic it was too noisy, so we went inside.
I started with the Michigan Cherry salad, which was great. I am a big fan of barbecued baby back ribs, so I ordered the maple-glazed ribs. So disappointing - the maple flavor was nonexistent and the ribs tasted extremely charred. The fat steak fries that came with them were, however, perfect. Crisp on the outside, with nicely (not overly) seasoned potato flavor. I couldn't even finish the ribs and, in hindsight, should have sent them back. The service was quite good, so I'm sure they would have replaced them. My husband's fish and chips were just ok. Execution of menu items seems to be hit or miss.