“Nice Brewery”
Review of Haymarket Brewery

Haymarket Brewery
Ranked #5 of 22 Restaurants in Bridgman
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

We stopped in on a Sunday Labor Day weekend, there was a fair sized crowd, live entertainment which was good. We had a couple beer flights the beer is good here. This is a no tipping establishment, might be why there is not a lot of urgency, but overall we had a good experience. The building and atmosphere] is great.

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Inside the restaurant the music, Alanis Morrissette album from the 90s is blooming so loud you can't hardly have a conversation. The outdoor seating is no better because of the fans that provide a barrier for bugs for the open doors sounds like you're sitting next to a airplane taking off. Bad service because of no tipping policy. I won't even talk about the food because the atmosphere is so unpleasant I don't care how good the pizzas are.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

My wife & I experienced ridiculously poor service on Saturday, August 19. The number of restaurants we have eaten at is unimaginable due to our senior status, and this never happened before. My wife’s meal was delivered long before mine. She finished her meal before my order was delivered. I asked to talk to the manager. I first told her that two of three criteria for dining out were met … food and atmosphere were good. However, service, the third, wasn’t so good. I explained that I just wanted to pass along constructive criticism for the entrepreneur’s. When orders are placed simultaneously they should be served together or within a reasonable period of time depending on the size of the group. Her answer explained her attitude, that of the cooks and possibly that of the owners. She simply said; “That’s the way it is.” She came up with every reason that it won’t change. She wasn’t disrespectful, but obviously, unconcerned. Additionally, it appeared as thought my comments weren’t going to be addressed beyond our conversation.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We had the Thai salad and a flight of beers. Food and beers were okay/decent. Fun atmosphere during the daytime for a late lunch.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We ate here twice in a span of a few days. I was set to give it 5 stars, after our first visit. The second visit changed that. On our first visit, we had 2 pepperoni pizzas and sausage pizza. I should disclose my pizza preferences: I prefer light, thin crust pizzas, sauce with not too much sugar, garlic, or oregano, top-notch toppings, and a respectable amount of cheese. I'm especially fond of high-quality italian sausage.

On our first visit, the pizzas we ordered fit my preferences almost to perfection - the only minor ding being slightly too much garlic in the sauce. The pizzas truly were delicious - some of the best we've had in a long time. Perfect crust - delicious sauce -
enough cheese, and top-notch pepperoni and sausage. We left being really happy with our meal.

The second visit was much different. We ordered a pepperoni pizza to go. When we received the pizza, it was covered with 8 whole cloves of garlic, and 9 or 10 large basil leaves. When we questioned the garlic and basil (which clearly were not on the previous 2 pepperoni pizzas we ordered, nor, in the menu description), the employee snapped back sharply, "ALL of our pepperoni pizzas come with garlic and basil!".

Hopefully they'll tighten things up, because they have good potential to be a great pizza place.