Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$104
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Expedia.comUS$104
HIExpress.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 August 2021

We often choose Holiday Inn Express hotels when we travel because we love the cinnamon rolls! We have been IHG members for years. For this trip, we booked through Hotels.com. When we arrived late at night, the parking lot was completely empty....and then we realized the parking lot had just been sealed (no big deal) - there was adjacent parking available. When we tried to check-in, the somewhat disinterested and disheveled person working the front desk said their computer systems were down and they couldn't verify our reservation - despite us having the emails from Hotels.com and the reservation confirmation numbers. He suggested that we call Hotels.com (not sure what Hotels.com was going to do...they already did their part and it was the hotel with the computer issue). In any event, we managed to fill out a form to guarantee the reservation and check-in. The next morning when checking out to continue on our way, we stopped at the front desk and they assured us that the reservation/payment would be resolved. When I got home from our trip a week later, we've found that the hotel has double billed our stay. Multiple attempts to resolve the issue directly with the hotel have gone unanswered. I will contact my credit card company to have the charges removed. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL.

Room tip: Do not stay here - choose a room at another hotel. Even the YMCA would be better.
Date of stay: August 2021
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brighton South - US 23, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2021

Dear Rob B,

I appreciate you for sharing your review about your recent stay, and thank you for being one of our IHG Rewards members.

I am very sorry that you did not experience an exemplary hotel stay because of the level of service you have received. On behalf of our hotel, I apologize that you were billed twice. This is not what we want any of our guests to experience. I have sent you a private message to reaffirm my apologies.

I very much hope that you will grant us the opportunity to prove ourselves again.

Best Regards,

Ben W.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 18 April 2021 via mobile

I came in for a weekend stay passing thru for business. I love the room set up and how clean they were. I enjoyed breakfast even though it was simple I still rate it 8/10 for breakfast. Considering we’re in a middle of the pandemic this hotel is trying! I didn’t feel like anything was unattended to in my rooms with cleanliness! Whoever cleans these rooms, halls and general areas does a beautiful job. The man who checked me in upon my arrival definitely needed a shower and deodorant! I felt bad. Sometimes people can’t help it you know..Most time its very controllable. Extremely nice guy, very nice staff, great accommodations. Recommend.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brighton South - US 23, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2021

Hi dayviddwebb,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience with our hotel.

I am happy to know that you had an overall pleasant hotel experience. Your positive remarks on the measures we have introduced as a result of Covid-19 are appreciated. It's good to note you found our cleanliness standards, dining experience, and check-in service to be excellent. Impeccable services and accommodations are what we endeavor to provide.

Your feedback about the importance of maintaining personal hygiene in the workplace is also appreciated and will open doors for correction. I have forwarded your remarks to the involved department for review as it does contribute to a healthy workforce.

Again, it is refreshing to read that we positively affected your stay. We would cherish another moment to host your next visit when you are in the area again.

Warmest regards,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 21 February 2020

Staff were very welcoming and friendly and did everything to make the stay enjoyable.The breakfast was excellent.My accommodation was a good standard and bathroom excellent and bed very comfortable.Good sized television and large room

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2019

Our power was out and had been for a couple of days by the time we got the room. I drove up (we only live two miles away) and reserved a room for the next night. I was a little disappointed that the rate was higher due to the fact that power was out everywhere and they were cashing in. My wife and I both had Dr appointments and we needed showers. We checked in just before 3:00 and my wife immediately took her shower and got ready for her Dr appointment. The room (a king) was very nice and the Manager gave us a room opposite the freeway (I see from other reviews the freeway side can be loud). The hotel is new so everything is clean and in good working order. There was no vent in the bathroom (something I don’t understand) so it got a little steamy after a shower, but manageable. There was a chaise lounge to sit on in addition to a roll around chair in front of the desk. The chaise was pretty comfortable to read a book. The desk had plenty of outlets for computers and phone charging (which we also needed). The bed was firm, but very comfortable. The A/C worked great, no issues or excessive noise. Breakfast was good, with a nice variety of items. My wife likes a toasted bagel and cream cheese so that’s what she had; I had a nice variety of breakfast items, including a pretty tasty cheese omelette. One complaint was the OJ machine was basically spitting out faded orange water. I should have said something, but when we were there the attendant was pretty busy. Would we stay there again? Yes. Would we ask for a room away from the freeway? Probably.

Date of stay: July 2019
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brighton South - US 23, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2019

On behalf of the entire hotel team, we want to thank you for sharing your most memorable experiences with us during your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brighton South.

It is always encouraging to hear positive feedback, particularly when it comes from those who matter the most – you! By taking pride in putting people first, we are not only executing the mission of our brand, but exceeding the expectations of our valued guests.

Please note your feedback has been shared with the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver great experiences. Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brighton South and we hope you choose to create more memories here whenever your travels bring you back to Brighton.

Reviewed 22 July 2019 via mobile

The hotel manager decided to shut off the water without notice. Some people were in the middle of showers. 3 hours later no hot water and it is orange. The manager was rude, fixing it himself and out taking a smoke break while in the middle of trying to fix the small leak. Really? People have jobs they need to get to. DO NOT STAY HERE!!! I think I’m switching back to Marriotts after this stay! Stopping everything for a minor leak that could’ve been dealt with after people checked out is just poor management. The poor front desk person was getting bombarded and the manager didn’t even care.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Brighton South - US 23, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2019

We again would like to apologize for the unfortunate water leak. We would also like to apologize that we had to shut the water off for an hour and a half to rectify a burst pipe. Unfortunately we are not able to leave the water spraying on the ceiling and walls. The dry walled area was over saturated from the leak and would have been a hazard to our guests if it were allowed to spray continuously instead of repairing the leak. We again would like to apologize for this issue and any delays it may have caused.