Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$112
TripadvisorUS$112
CandlewoodSuites
Hotels.comUS$112
TravelocityUS$112
Vio.comUS$112
All reviews full size fridge one bedroom suite stove top nice stay would definitely stay here again one night front desk room was clean recliner dishwasher sink noise property michigan housekeeping sleep elevator
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 December 2019

The room was fine. The hotel is decent. Our issue is that the pet charge for our dog was more than we paid for the room. Their website says up to $75. Not true. It is $75 for one night. What kind of cleaning costs $75? Really? We will not stay here again unless they change this policy. Very disappointing.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Brighton, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2019

Hi 74margieb,

I'm glad you choose our hotel for your visit to Brighton. Thank you for staying.

At Candlewood Suites, we are all about providing an experience that fits our guests relaxed, casual lifestyle. I'm sorry we fell short. I read your dismay about the current pet fee at the property. I understand this has confused you. Trust that I alerted our management about this so we can make the necessary changes to better our service. I also sent you a private message to further discuss.

We appreciate you leaving feedback about your experience, and I hope to see you soon.

Many Thanks,

Rein D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 30 September 2019

We were staying in Brighton for only one night; there are a lot of choices, but selected Candlewood for its location, amenities, and price. This is a fairly new property (it opened last year), easy to get to right off the interstate and only a short distance from restaurants and other services.

The setup is for extended stay guests with a small kitchen in each room. All of the room amenities are very nice--bedding, bathroom, towels, desk, chairs, internet, and TV. They do not offer a breakfast, but there is courtesy coffee available; they also provide some fruit at breakfast and microwave popcorn packets are provided. There are some breakfast sandwiches and other food items available for purchase that can be prepared in the small kitchen.

There is a small, but fully outfitted, office setup. All of the front desk personnel were very pleasant and accommodating. This property is just far enough off the interstate and access highway as to be free of the associated noise. There is plenty of parking. Even though we stayed on the first floor, there are two additional floors with two elevator cars.

There is a nice pool and exercise room available; and they provide free laundry service, a nice touch for extended stayers.

For those who prefer to eat breakfast in a restaurant or just want to hit the road caffeinated, but with little else, this type of property is perfect!

Room tip: The lower numbered room are on the ends with the doors nearby. Room 101 is perfect!
Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 9 August 2019

Motored up from Spring Hill, Florida, heading to Brighton, Michigan for a high school reunion and vacationing with family. I had made incredible time since the weather had held and I kept pushing ahead and had arrived one day early, hoping that I could check in to the Candlewood one day early, even though I had no reservation for a Friday evening, and my cell phone had pre-maturely died that day, so I had no opportunity to call ahead.

As I exited US 23 and came into Brighton, the first glance I had of Main Street was that the town was in the midst of a city-wide special event, with Main Street cordoned off and suddenly my heart sank with the reality that quite possibly all the hotels in town, including mine, might well be sold out tonight, and I would have to keep driving to find a place to stay, and I was already "dog-tired".

Pulled into the Candlewood lot, got out of the car and had my fingers crossed that there might still be just one more room available for me so I could call it a night and get some well deserved rest. I entered the cool lobby, and approached the front desk, and was immediately greeted by Jacob, one of the bright star staff I had met on my first days at the Candlewood nearly six months ago.

"Welcome back!" he greeted with a great smile from behind the counter, and I suddenly felt like things might just work out for the best this night. Not only did he have a room for me, but he had the very room I was hoping for, and had me signed up for the week and I was on my way to the room within minutes and my evening was winding down just as I had hoped. I felt like I had been very lucky this night, and even these small victories can make our day end well.

But when you think about all the wonderful, city-wide events that take place within less than a mile of the Candlewood, like the Brighton Arts Festival going on now, the Live Music Friday's going on just down the street at Mt. Brighton, the Farmers Market that happens every Saturday during the summer and into the fall at the Municipal Parking lot, the Brighton Smokin' Jazz and Barbecue Blues Festival that happens early in September, and the Throwback Mom Prom in late September at Mt. Brighton, these events and so many more throughout the year make the Candlewood an ideal, centrally located base from which to launch quick and enjoyable mini-vacations any time of the year!

And yesterday I took time to catch a viewing of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood at the MJR Theater, just down the street from the Candlewood, and it took me a little over one minute to drive there from the hotel, and within five minutes I was sitting in my seat in the theater, ready for fun!

A beautifully furnished hotel, situated at the epicenter of all the many fun events that occur in Brighton, coupled with helpful staffing like Donna in Housekeeping and Jacob at Front Desk, and you've checked yourself into a stay you'll long remember as one of the best!

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 18 July 2019

Superior staff, so friendly and accommodating. I love the nice touches and decor in the rooms, nice and spacious, extremely clean, very at home feeling cant say enough about the rooms. Nice outdoor patios. Plenty of parking, great location in Brighton, nice town to walk around in. Price was such a great deal

Room tip: I think every floor would be good
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 13 May 2019

We usually stay in Brighton when we visit this area every May. This place seemed to be brand new in opening so we tried a visit. The staff was very pleasant and the hotel stilled smelled brand new like a new car. Our room was spotless and the bed was very comfortable. Also the room was very quiet from hallway traffic and loud neibors when we had neither. For the value, we were pleased to have stayed here. There was no free breakfast but everywhere else we stayed in this area that had a free breakfast, the food was not good at all and this place was $20.00 cheaper. We had lots of breakfast restaurants within walking distance.

Date of stay: May 2019