“Good Food”

Walli's Restaurant East
Ranked #5 of 51 Restaurants in Burton
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Ordered and ate a reasonably priced burger and was impressed at how good it was. I'd return often if I lived in the area.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Don't eat dinner at Walli's on a Monday evening. The food was TERRIBLE! I ordered the usual gyro but when it was delivered to my table, I had the waitress take it back. I have NEVER seen a gyro prepared so terribly wrong in all my life. I've eaten hundreds of gyros in my life and I can truly say that the one I got at Walli's was the worst one I've ever seen.

The gyro meat was about six thin strips. The meat was cooked for so long that it was almost the consistency of beef jerky. The color was grey-ish and very unappetizing. In order to get gyro meat to look like this, the process would probably be close to this:

1) Cook the gyro meat
2) Store in refrigerator or freezer for several days
3) Cook again
4) Let it set at room temperature for a day
5) Microwave it
6) Serve it cold

Really... it was THAT bad!

The salad bar was looking pretty sorry. Many items on the salad bar did not look fresh. The shredded cheddar was dried and curly as if it were sitting out all day.

Sorry Walli's. You are gonna have to do much better. Maybe stay closed on days when only five or less customers show up during dinner hours.

The only reason Walli's didn't get a one star rating was that our server was good and the cup of soup was good.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

I went because a friend recommended it. There is nothing fancy about the restaurant or the decorations. It reminds me of a truck stop. That's ok because the server was friendly. The food was prepared in a timely manner and it was delicious. The chicken wings were some of the best that I've ever had. The fries were good and hot. I'll definitely be making a return trip.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Good Food & Good Prices. Fish & Chips is excellent! Many selection here. They have a bar section if you would like a drink.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

We go to Walli's at least once a month. The food is really good and the prices are fair. They have a nice weekend breakfast buffet. The restaurant itself seems quite dated, but the great food is why we go.

Been to Walli's Restaurant East? Share your experiences!