“Late Checkout Revoked”

Holiday Inn Express Cadillac
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Cadillac
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We stayed here overnight to attend a wedding. When we made the reservation, we were told that we could have late checkout (3 p.m.) the day of the wedding. At 12:45 p.m., the manager called our room and told us that we had to get out. We explained that what we were told while making our reservation. We had to hurry up and get ready for the wedding and sit in the lobby for 2 hours. The room was fine.

Stayed: September 2017
Rachel R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cadillac, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to give us a review. I apologize but we do not offer a late check out for that late in the day. Our check-out time is at 11 am and our check-in time is at 3 pm. We apologize for any miscommunication. Have a wonderful day and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express of Cadillac, MI!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We stayed here on September 3, 2017. We booked a king suite. The room was separated by a partial wall which made it feel smaller. the room was decent overall. It was clean. It had a kurig which was nice. It also had a microwave and mini fridge. The counter tops were nice. There were also cupboards for storing food etc. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were awful. They were king sized but had no support to them. So we asked for three more pillows and even doubling up they were not comfortable. The shower made this high pitched humming noise when in use. The mini fridge was also a bit loud. What was really bad though was the air conditioner/heater. I was only able to sleep for about two hours because it was so loud when it came on it kept waking me up. I would have asked for another room but when we checked in we overheard the clerk telling someone on the phone that the hotel was fully booked for the night so I didn't bother to ask about changing rooms. Otherwise, I would have so I could have gotten some sleep. The only other issue I noticed was that either the toilet was dirty or it was stained from the water. So while the room was clean the noise level of the shower, mini fridge, and air conditioner/heater made the say less than positive. We did not get to enjoy the full breakfast because I was too tired to go down. Breakfast is offered from 6:30am-9:30am. Sadly when we left, probably because I was too tired to do a through check, we left my partners special pillow that he needs to sleep otherwise he gets bad headaches. We called the hotel to see if we sent them a prepaid UPS label if they could box it and send it back to us. I'm sure hotels have lots of spare boxes, right? Sadly, they said this is not something they could do but they could call UPS to pick it up, box it, and ship it at a cost of about $25.00. We have called them and asked them to hold the pillow for us to pick up and will make a special trip back to get it. We also used the hot tub after a long day of kayaking. The chlorine was so strong it actually burned our eyes and we could not stay in the pool room very long. Overall, the hotel was decent and I think I would have really liked it if I could have gotten a good nights sleep and used more of the amenities.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Rachel R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cadillac, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Good morning! I am so sorry that you didn't receive a good night's rest. We will look into the issues of the noisy air conditioning unit, squeaky shower, and the loud fridge and get it fixed right away. We appreciate your business and would be glad to have you as a guest again soon. Have a wonderful day and thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express of Cadillac, MI!

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

While traveling to Cadillac, Michigan for a wedding we opted to stay at the Holiday Inn. My family and I are elite members and stay only at their hotels. We usually go into staying at expresses with no expectations, and we got just that. The hotel was clean in the lobby area, but when it came to our room there was still trash from the previous guest, only 1 roll of toilet paper and we seemed to always miss getting our room cleaned and fresh towels because they would be cleaning at 9am and leave notes on our door saying we missed our time. Although I will probably never be returning to Cadillac, this hotel was just your simple basic Holiday Inn.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Rachel R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cadillac, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Thank you for staying at our hotel on your recent trip to Cadillac, MI. We appreciate your loyalty to IHG Rewards Club and we are happy to hear that you primarily stay at Holiday Inn Expresses when you travel. I was surprised and disappointed to hear that your room hadn't been cleaned properly on the day of your arrival. That isn't acceptable here and should not be happening. We will be sure to look into this to make sure that this doesn't happen again. I am sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you during your stay and hope that when you do return the the Cadillac area again, that you do give us another chance to show that your experience on this trip is not the norm. We hope that you have a good day and thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express of Cadillac.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

We are loyal members of the IHG rewards program and have consistently been treated as a valued customer. Not on this trip. I had reserved two rooms several weeks ago, and requested adjoining rooms. Upon checking in around 6:00pm was told that I could not have adjoining rooms....the hotel was booked for the night. Why my request was not honored is a wonder to me, I was given no explanation besides "the hotel is booked up for the night ". I had requested adjoining rooms, and was certainly arriving early enough to get them.... but no. The price of over $400 for the two rooms is also excessive. There weren't even glasses in the bathroom, you had to make a special trip to the front desk for pool towels....this is not a place I will stay again and you shouldn't either.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Rachel R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cadillac, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Good morning! Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for us. I apologize that we weren't able you get you in adjoining rooms. I can see that it made for a very frustrating stay. We have very few adjoining rooms, most of which adjoin with handicap accessible rooms. It appears that these rooms were occupied with guests who needed the accessibility, that these rooms offer. I want you to know that we do appreciate your loyalty as an IHG Rewards Club member and we wish to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your travels. We are very sorry that this happened on your most recent stay with us but do hope that we have the opportunity to have you as our guest again. Have a wonderful day and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express of Cadillac, MI.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Used this hotel as a base for traveling around northwest Michigan. Price was better than the tourist areas near the coast. Hotel was very neat and clean, and very quiet. Breakfast was very good with several choices.
Didn't get to use the pool, but it looked very inviting.

Will stay here again if we we are in the area

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Pabbwb

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel as your go-to choice for visiting the Northwestern part of lower Michigan! We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant trip and that our staff helped to make it great! Have a wonderful day and thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express of Cadillac, MI.