AmericInn by Wyndham Calumet(Calumet)(Great Value!)
US$130
Super 8 by Wyndham Houghton(Houghton)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$130
US$143
US$134
QualityInn
US$105
US$102
Hotels.com
Magnuson Hotel Copper Crown(Hancock)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$99
US$144
US$112
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$128/night.

All reviewsisle royaleroom was cleansmoked fishlake superiorbeautiful viewopened the doorlakefront roomsliding glass doorwalking distancelove this placefew yearswi fistate parkin townferrybakerymotel
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We stayed for three nights in the hotel. While we had a room with a view of Lake Superior - don't get excited. The immediate view was of a rotting dock with bird poop on it - no ability to swim there. The room was in terrible condition. I had to attach my CPAP to an electric outlet and sparks flew from the extension cord. I was nearly electrocuted. The management did provide me with a small light and a new outlet, but the light was too weak for me to read. Everything about the room was cheap - the musty smell of the room - the sliding screen door which fell out of its track multiple times - a piece of paper for a bath mat - the spider that came down from the ceiling over our bed - no sports channels on the cable TV (not even ESPN). I will say that the owner was nice and did try to be helpful, and that it had a good location in town - but overall for $125 night I expected a lot more.

Room Tip: inspect room before occupying
1  Thank mbreuer183
nikkixxwalsh, Public Relations Manager at King Copper Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy yourself as much as you had hoped.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

We stayed in the beach front motel, they have a few to choose from. The room was updated UP style. But the view and walking out to the water PRICELESS! Sunsets and sunrises are magical. A bit rustic but that adds to the adventure of being in Copper Harbor.....I recommend this motel, I will be back!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here in Copper Harbor along the beautiful Lake Superior. The sunsets and sunrises truly are awesome. We can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 25 July 2017

The beds were uncomfortable, the screens all had holes with tape over them. The patio door on the back of the unit was extremely difficult to open and close. The screen on the patio door never fully closed, thus allowing all kinds of bugs into the room. The bathroom toilet was so low to the ground and wobbled when you sat on it. The shampoo given was a tiny little packet. We had to ask for extra for our 2 night stay. We found food on the floor from previous guests. The doors into our units both looked as though they had been kicked in multiple times. This place needs a lot of TLC. The views are the only saving grace, just be careful not to step in all the goose crap all over.

2  Thank Roberta B

Hi Roberta, so sorry to hear that your time with us was not what you had hoped it would be. When it comes to the bugs and geese, we do all that we can to negate their messes but it can be hard to keep up with battling nature. Sometimes it can take guests a bit of time to adjust to the woodsy lifestyle of Copper Harbor. Of course we replenish shampoo and soap daily and are always happy to offer more if needed, so that should not have been an issue for you to worry about. I hope that the rest of your time up north was enjoyable!

Reviewed 24 July 2017

My wife wanted to be by the water and we were. The rooms are very small and the bathroom is smaller, LOL. The view out our sliding glass door was very nice, the fish shop about 80feet away had hot coffee ands pastry each morning. You can set out side and enjoy the lake view.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Hi Rich, thank you so much for reviewing your time with us! I am so glad you were able to enjoy the fish market/bakery next door. They have a great selection and are oh so convenient for guests who just want to relax in their rooms. I am happy to hear you and your wife love the lake just as much as we do. We love to share her beauty! I hope the next time you visit Copper Harbor you will think of us again!

Reviewed 14 July 2017

King Kopper is a quaint hotel in Copper Harbor. Nice rooms, clean and comfortable. Perfect view of Lake Superior and easy getting to the Ferry to Isle Royale. Each room has a little porch overlooking the lake with chairs. The common area is perfect for relaxing. Don't expect to have any connectivity while in Copper Harbor as your cell phone won't work.

Stayed: July 2017
nikkixxwalsh, Guest Relations Manager at King Copper Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Thank you for reviewing your stay Tricia! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed yourself. I hope you had a great time at Isle Royale as well as in Copper Harbor. Thank you for spreading the word about cell phone reception, too. Some guests can get thrown off by it, but we find that after a day or two most people are happy to have a break and unplug. I hope you think of us again on your next trip 'up north'!