Crown Metropol Perth
US$294
US$257
Agoda.com
Crown Promenade Perth(Burswood)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$86
US$83
US$141
US$104
The Sebel East Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$119
  • Pool
Fraser Suites Perth(Perth)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$108
1,677 results
All reviewscrown metropolluxe kingpool arealuxe viewroom serviceatrium restaurantspa roomwater slidescar parkswan riverbistro guillaumegreat roommodo miofood courtmy birthdayan upgradesaturday night
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I found myself staying at this hotel because I was speaking at a conference there. The first problem is the long queues at reception – people in the queue told me that is par for the course here.

Then there was the long wait for a cup of coffee at the copy shop in the foyer. A friend said "you get used to it after a few stays".

The worst of all is the cost of Wi-Fi in your room. It's bad enough that they charge $29 a day but that is per device. Most people these days have a laptop and a phone and an iPad. That's a total of $87 a day just for Wi-Fi.

When I complained they said they were trying to fix it but they had to negotiate with their Wi-Fi supplier and it may take months. I cannot believe the Crown don't have any negotiating power!.

Room Tip: I suggest any travellers bring their own Wi-Fi device.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Noel100
Reviewed 13 November 2012

We arrived on a Sunday and the place was packed. I can’t remember the event but there were children and families everywhere in the massive foyer.

Check in was quick and not overly friendly. We were told there would be building noise from 7am in the morning and then they said “we’ve put you on the first floor”. Thanks. When we reached our room someone had just been smoking in there. We asked for another room and got one down the corridor that was clean and smoke free.
The room was beautifully appointed and very sumptuous with a great view towards Perth and the golf course. I could see the view from the bath tub which you could open up to the bedroom!

Overall it was a very comfortable well appointed room. What was not so comfortable was the size of the hotel and the people absolutely everywhere. You normally account for this in a big hotel, but without the friendly personal service of front desk it was a fairly anonymous stay. We were just one of many.

Some points – as paying hotel guests there is no discount in the Atrium restaurant. Breakfast is about $36. It is a hefty price, but we have been here before and it is one of the best buffet breakfasts around with everything you could imagine from omelettes made on the spot, crispy bacon, cheeses, a waffle station with a honeycomb dripper for fresh honey and even a selection of desserts like pannacotta.

The gym is excellent and one of the best I have ever seen in a hotel – medicine balls, boxing area, rowers, you name it. Most of it Life Fitness stuff and all new.

It would have been amazing stay if only the service had been a bit better.

Room Tip: Try the Rockpool bar for dinner. Absolutely delicious at half the price.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eddwina
Reviewed 12 November 2012

My husband and I had a night away to celebrate my birthday and were very impressed with our one night stay at Crown Metropol. The room was well presented and newly renovated. We loved how the bathroom was integrated into the room - it was lots of fun having a bath and being able to see out the window! The staff (particularly the concierge) were friendly, very helpful and professional. Breakfast at the Atrium was high quality with an excellent range of dishes available. The only negative would be the price of the rooms meant this could only be an occasional treat!

Room Tip: air conditioning was a bit noisy (we had a room on the 8th floor)
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2012 via mobile

Walked past the concierge at check in with two suitcases and a set of golf clubs with no offer of help. Room air conditioning was unable to get below 21 degrees making sleep difficult. Asked for a quiet room and was given a first floor room on overlooking the atrium above the restaurant which was very noisy, was then moved to a quiet room overlooking the car park. Internet is an additional charge, had to wait 15 mins for a taxi to get me to the airport at 6am on a Sunday morning.

I guess this hotel might suit those how like gambling at casinos.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Wilsonau
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I recently spent two nights in the Crown during a business trip and was most impressed by the facilities, service, room, restaurants and bars. The rooms are superbly fitted out and luxurious. Views of the Swan River make it a pleasure to awaken and open the curtains. The buffet breakfasts are impressively varied and comprehensive and the choice of restaurants, including Neil Perry's excellent Rockpool, should satisfy every taste.
the staff are welcoming, friendly and very helpful.
The Crown Metropol is one of the best hotels I've stayed in and I thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business