“Excelent bbq ribs ”

Red Smoke BBQ
Ranked #36 of 1,198 Restaurants in Detroit
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Features classic barbeque fare in an attractive historic two-story building in Greektown. L & D daily; Full Bar; Carry-Out & Delivery; Party Room; Catering
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Located in Greektown downtown Detroit this restaurant has an outstanding taste for bbq. Large selection of beers of which frankly I know little but was able to find recommendations from service which we found extremely helpful and eager to please. Full rack st Louis ribs was a large plate which we couldn’t (my 17 year old son and me) couldn’t really finish. Taste was superb, Smokey flavors on the pork ribs and easeness to peel the meat off the ribs themselves suggest a long slow cook time. Not a regular fan of cole slaw I couldn’t have enough of it. Fries were ok. Service was excellent

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed the Pulled Pork Nachos, fried pickles, Greek Salad, Cowboy Reuben. We were all well pleased with our food. We did notice that the menu says "fresh roasted" beets- nope, straight out of a can. The nachos said "cheddar sauce"- nope shredded cheese. They were all good but not as represented on the menu. Moke was a good server... Friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Hands down the finest pulled pork sandwich I have ever tasted and I have been to Memphis and Louisville! It was my son’s birthday and the staff brought over a card signed by the staff and cookies. We had never even been to the place before. First time and definitely not the last.

1  Thank MichiganTraveler04
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

My son and I were in Detroit recently to attend the North American international auto show downtown. We stopped in here one evening for dinner based on its location and positive reviews on Trip Advisor. The menu was great, with lots of choices sure to delight carnivores. My son ordered the half rack of Carolina ribs with a side of mac & cheese, while I ordered the barbecue beef brisket sandwich. I also ordered the homemade lemonade, which was very good. We thoroughly enjoyed our meals, but the service was painfully slow – due in part, I believe, to the odd layout of the restaurant which had at least four different levels, requiring servers to run up and down stairs. I would recommend this restaurant but would caution not to go here if you’re in any kind of hurry.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

Ate here late one Wedensday evening. Portions large, food tasty, and prices pretty good. Only downfall was what seemed to be slow service and long wait for food, even though place was fairly empty.

Been to Red Smoke BBQ? Share your experiences!